“Farm to table meets Madrid”
Review of TriCiclo

TriCiclo
Ranked #247 of 11,308 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huertas
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was traveling alone and time acclimating too. A lovely surprise was in store. I arrived for my reservation @9:30 a little early. the front Bar was busy. I was greeted with a warm welcome. The only English speaking staff person was so wonderful and explained every dish on the menu, as well as some pointers about the seasonal best. I ordered a gin and tonic and the mixed verduro with green pesto which were really good ( wonderful fresh veg is hard to find in Madrid) , potato with ox tail - OMG! and delicious Ceviche and tobito ...wow all were perfectly fresh and each was unique in flavor. Most dishes are available in size 1/3 or 1/2 or full order so you can really taste a nice selection. I'll send my friends anytime!

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We loved our meal at triciclo. The restaurant is small with limited seating (we stood for much of our meal at a counter running along the wall) but the food and atmosphere quickly made up for that. It was an easy walk here from the westin where we stayed, and we loved every dish. Particularly recommend the gazpacho, the stuffed patitas, the white fish ceviche...and another dish I can't remember that seemed to be their specialty (ask for recs). We would have gone back again if we had more time!

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The decor is simple, the service is friendly and efficient but these quickly fade into the background once the dishes start arriving.

Put simply the food is exceptional and if you visit Madrid without tasting it for yourself you're doing yourself a great disservice.

Also if you like bonito (or fish in general) make sure you order an entire portion for yourself. It's that good really.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We found this on our first night in Madrid and we made a point to go back before we left Madrid. To start with the two sisters who manage front of house are possibility the nicest hostess I have ever encountered in a restaurant, not only did they make suggestions but they took a large amount of time to talk through the whole menu in english and answer all of our questions. They made us feel so welcome. The layout and deco of the restaurant was also nice and quirky and welcoming. We especially loved the pot lights, cactus and little vases of dried flowers.

Now I warn you that I am about to wax lyrical about the high quality and excellent taste of the food. The way the menu is set out it opens itself to both sharing and also doing tasters. The first night I went for gazpacho - super fresh and such depth of flavour and loved the addition of cherries. Then I moved onto the ceviche - the both had so many layers of flavour and the fish was so fresh it spoke for itself. Then I shared the Tuna Tataki - this was a food highlight - world class and I moaned whilst I ate it. The fresh green bean salad was in a class of itself and that was just the side alongside the hero of the perfectly seared tuna. We also had the chocolate desert which was full of textures and tastes but not too heavy as deserts can be. The red wine that was recommended was some of the best I have had in a restaurant and normally would't be offer in a glass only in bottle. We also got given a potato bravas with a twist with a green pesto sauce which was so so good.

We then came back and the two sisters was so nice about seeing us again and asking us about our holidays so far. I had the rioia wine and again wasn't disappointed. I sadly had to tell my friend that I was having the tuna all to myself - this was a true statement to the quality of the dish as I normally arent a fish lover. I also had the machengio salad and then the oxtail and potato which again were a journey of taste, depth and freshness.

The quality of food, excellence of service is then match by such reasonable, no high value costs. We had four dishes, two glasses of wine and a little more for under €30.

I would tell everyone who is going or lives in Madrid to go here and keep going back as I surely will.