Tripadvisor
Madrid
Review Highlights
Madrid Wine Tour

We had an absolutely wonderful wine tour with Professor Drake-Jones! Mr. Drake-Jones is very... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Camper551859
Fantastic and Unique Tours

Reviewed January 10, 2020
L6906MEjimd

All reviews stephen drake jones morning stroll hemingway tour spanish civil war hemingway fan tapas walking tour colorful stories city's past fan shop touring madrid his life rick steves bull fighting spanish wine rich history wine tour
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2020

I was able to take the Hemingway Tour on my recent Madrid visit and was so grateful to have found the resource that is Mr. Drake-Jones that I immediately booked him for the "Death in the Afternoon" Tour at his next availability. Both tours exceeded expectations and were the highlights of my trip. I highly recommend anything that the Wellington Society of Madrid has to offer.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 1, 2019

Took 1/2 day tour with Stephen in Madrid. It was one of our most memorable tours in Spain. We walked; and saw a great number of sites; and heard an enourmous amount about history of Spain and Madrid in particular. We visited a museum and got another view as well. We learned about tapas, and wine and the restaurants around Madrid. This was a delight. Too bad it was at the end of our time in Madrid because we would have loved to do other tours of his.

Reviewed October 15, 2019

The best we have ever experienced. The passion and insight kept us entertained and fascinated by not only what we saw but the history and knowledge gained was invaluable.

We truly had so much fun, it raised the bar for any future tours.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed October 11, 2019

A walking tour with Stephen Drake- Jones is like a history lesson, a comedy, a lesson in wine tasting and tapas eating. We have used the Chairman on four different occasions with four different groups of people each time we recomend him the group would ask isn't it a little pricey? Not at all, the stories and the info gained from his many years of experience is worth the price, now the good side if you like wine and tapas you get most of the price back because Stephen buys all the wine and tapas. I can't recomned just one tour we have been on different tours and each are special.The tour book guru Rick Steves knows and recomends Stephen Drake-Jones tours in his books.Don't leave Madrid without at least one tour.

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

A great half-day tour where the Chairman shows you Hemingway’s haunts, places where incidents in the Civil War occurred, introduces you to the mystique of bull fighting, and a whole lot more, at a leisurely pace with stops for wine, tapas, and pastries. I can’t recommend this tour highly enough - take it!

Date of experience: September 2019
Bruce L, Editor at Wellington Society of Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2019