TripAdvisor

from $157.84
from $169.11
from $157.84
More Info
All reviews winery tour glass of wine spanish lunch quick tour ignacio wineries bodega windmill spain tours stories centuries
Selected filters
Reviewed October 3, 2014

We took the tour of the Spanish wine country on our last day vision Madrid. What a perfect way to end our trip. Ignacio was our very gracious and knowledgable tour guide. In addition to the tour of the wine country and winery, we visited a small Spanish town and, with Ignacio's guidance, sampled the most delicious and authentic tapas. I recommend this tour if you would like to see a part of Spain that most tourists don't get to see.

Date of experience: September 2014
igsegma, Manager at Winebus, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2014

Thank you very much for your comment. It was a pleasure to take to a winery and then to have tapas in Aranda de Duero. I expect to see you again soon. Say to our common friend that I expect to see her and her family in Spain whenever it is suitable. Regards.

Reviewed September 29, 2014

while ignacio is a nice enough man, his so-called winebus tour is a joke... a very expensive and not very funny joke!.. i've done wine tours everywhere from california to chile to france and this was NOT a wine tour but an unequivocal disaster... before you spend (a lot of!!!) your money on this garbage, take 2 minutes to read my correspondence with igancio and i guarantee you will think twice about it... STAY AWAY!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

igancio, what you sold us was a pile of garbage (i'm sorry to use such strong language as you were clearly trying your best, but we were not paying for your best, we were paying for a wine tour!)... what you sold us was completely misrepresented - what exactly makes this "wine"bus and not just "bus"?.. where was the wine?.. you packed us like sardines on a 2-hour drive to what you call a winery?.. neo bodegas is NOT a winery!!! it's a bottling plant! (and a really terrible one at that).. a winery has vineyards where grapes are grown!.. when one tours a real winery he's educated about different types of grapes and how they're grown, not just how they're processed (and bottled)!.. and after 2 hours in a hot bus we weren't even offered a welcoming glass of wine!!! i had to ask you for water!!!!! are you kidding me?.. 2 hours in a bus and then 30 people using a single toilet? is that a joke?!??!!! then another hour of "touring" the factory and after that i had to argue with you about white wine? your response to me is that you respect the winemaker! I'M the client, I'M the one who paid for this "tour" so your respect should be to ME and my wife and my parents!.. that red wine was undrinkable!.. absolute swill and i don't see why after 3 hours i'm forced to drink it if i don't like it!.. then i asked you nicely about taking wine on the "wine"bus and you clearly stated to me that i just need to be careful with the glasses (which in itself is ridiculous - i'm a grown man, not a child!) to which i replied that i've prepared plastic cups (drinking wine out of plastic is ridiculous!!! but still i was trying to cooperate)... but when you insulted my family in front of the entire bus by making us leave our wine (in plastic cups) before getting on the bus, that was the last straw!!! how dare you???!!!

the dinner?.. another joke!.. disgusting dry sandwiches (at 3.50 each for which you charged us 5E!) wrapped in tinfoil and of course i did NOT receive the sandwiches i ordered... which was just as well as they were inedible!.. i clearly asked you at least 3-4 times about my wife's salad (she's a vegetarian and we made it very clear to you!) - and it was NOT what she ordered!!! 8E for tuna salad that we threw away!.. no instructions from you when we we're supposed to eat any of this so my parents wound up eating dry sandwiches on the bus with not even anything to drink!!! i was dumb enough to wait until pedraza - eating a sandwich that was "hot" an hour earlier but now cold and disgusting, standing up while being pushed by thousands of people????? that's your idea of a "nice picnic"????

now to pedraza... another disaster!.. you sold us 3 hours of white wine and music - where was the music??? i'm sure it was wonderful if we arrived in time but we didn't!!! plaza mayor was not full of music but full of trash!!! by that time we were so tired and hungry we just wound up eating at one of the restaurants!!!

Date of experience: June 2014
4  Thank max90069
igsegma, Manager at Winebus, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2014

Thank you very much for your comment. We regret you did not like the tour in which you joined us. We put our best efforts to that tours are the best possible experience.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

I decided to participate in excursion with Winebus by advise of my friend, Phil Ashwell who previously has been in one of them before. He told me wonderful things about Winebus, and I was so curious, that I decided to join one of the excursion and experience everything my friend said, by myself.
The excursion's host, Mr. Ignacio Segovia had a very personal approach to each excursion member, and treated with great kindness and respect each and everyone of us.
His knowledge about the wines, their variety, their elaboration is perfect.
The organization of the trip was very good, with good balance between walking, be in bus, and the wine testings.
If you would like to know more about the wine, how to create it, and test the best of them, the Winebus is a good opportunity to fulfill all these desire at once.
I highly recommend Winebus to everyone! Thank you Ignacio, you did a great job!

Date of experience: June 2014
igsegma, Gerente at Winebus, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Hello. Thank you very much for your comment. We try to find in each tour something different and little details that make of every tour a different experience and some kind of adventure. And above all we enjoy meeting people that tell us nice stories. On the wine sector there are very nice stories to listen to. And even more with a glass of wine in our hand. We hope to see you on the Winebus again. Regards. :)

Reviewed August 12, 2014

My parent came to visit me in Madrid and we all went of the WineBus. What can I say? The host was fabulous and we went to see a winery outside of Madrid that kept wine stored in underground "hand-dug" caves. It was remarkable! The temperature was fresh and the tunnels were mystic. It turned out to be a WineAdventure. Thank you so much the WineBus team.

Date of experience: May 2014
igsegma, Gerente at Winebus, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Thank you very much for your comment. I think that the winery you visited with us is spectacular for many aspects, its caves, the personality of the wine maker, the vineyard, the wines. As you say we try to make a little adventure around the wine and many other things, We hope to see you again on the Winebus. Regards.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Let Ignacio handle the details while you focus on enjoying yourself, making new friends, touring incredible wineries, and having a great time. Ignacio's personality makes him the perfect host for this intimate experience -- he loves wine, Spain, and sharing the good fortune with all. What a great tour and time. Excellent value -- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Date of experience: July 2014
igsegma, Gerente at Winebus, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Thank you very much for your comment. We try to add to the visit a dose of adventure that allows you and us awaken our 5 senses. The merit lies in you that come with the best attitude, that interrelates with other visitors and help us to make the experience remarkable. Thank you for being as you are and for trusting us. We expect to see you again on the Winebus. :)