“The best location”

Hotel Eurostars Plaza Mayor
Ranked #105 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was my first visit to Madrid and I chose this hotel for the price and the location. I was worried when I looked it up on Google maps as the pictures show graffiti everywhere but it is actually on a great little street which is always busy but quiet. The location was seriously the best - as confirmed by my Spanish colleagues. The room was extremely clean and quiet. Only problem we had was with the heating as there were no instructions and we were freezing! But they sent someone up to fix it and explain to us how it worked. Another problem were the lights which seemed to be controlled by movement so they would go on when you were quietly trying to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night! Breakfast was minimal but satisfactory in a nice top floor room overlooking the rooftops. I would 100% definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Close to metro, clean, quiet, no surprises. Internet not fast except early in morning, but adequate. Staff very polite, friendly and helpful. Stay here for a dependable and conveniently-located place to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The hotel is located near the metro station and plaza'Tirso De Molina'. If you come from Aeropuerto Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas you can go by bus (Airport service for 5 € ), Taxi (30 euros) or Metro (5euros). The hotel is located near Plaza Tirso De Molina and it's very easy to walk to some great things to see in Madrid. The street is very quiet and we've had an excellent night's rest. The rooms of the hotel are very very clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly. I've read some complaints about the neighbourhood were the hotel is located. It is not located in a very famous place for tourists, but everything is so easy to reach on foot or by metro. In my opinion is Madrid a very safe city with a stunning nightlife.The breakfast is good (bread, fresh, fruits, eggs, cheese, bacon, good coffee, tea, fresh orange juice, water. If you want a hotel on an excellent location, friendly staff, excellent price just go for it. The only complaint I have is the very slow Wifi on some moments of the day the wifi connection can be very very slow.

3  Thank Nick D
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were greeted at reception by friendly English speaking staff, check in only took a few minutes. The room itself was clean, modern & had enough storage space for hanging clothes.The LCD TV was wall mounted, but with only 3 English speaking news channels to watch, It was only on while getting dressed.
The bathroom was also clean and modern with a lovely shower. There was no bath in our bathroom, which was fine with us. We got the Metro train from the airport to Torso de Molina station which is 50 metres from the hotel. Cost €10 by Metro for 2 people, would've cost €40 by taxi.
We just booked room only, so can't comment on the food. Overall it was a lovely stay in a lovely hotel. I would have no hesitation in booking to stay there again.

3  Thank joeySheek
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed here in August 2013, it was extremely busy and there were lots of people around, but the service was absolutely outstanding. I arrived early, but was ushered immediately to my room, my bag was carried by a very kind gent who then refused my offer of a tip.

The location of the hotel is perfect, Plaza Mayor in the evening is beautiful and buzzing with atmosphere. The staff recommended a restaurant close by and I was not let down! Every morning as I left the hotel, the staff never failed to acknowledge me (something very rarely done to existing guests) and a request for a cup of coffee was met with the receptionist taking me over to the bar area and doing it herself.

The room was very clean, modern and comfortable. The air conditioning is fantastic, for those of you who have been through a hot Madrid summer, you will appreciate that is almost as essential as clean bedding. My only gripe is that the windows faced into a quad, so there wasn't a view other than other guests windows.

Lovely stay, see you again soon.

Room Tip: I would imagine they are all reasonably similar.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Just stayed here in March 2014 and really enjoyed our stay. Very easy to find - just a short walk from the metro stop. The location is perfect - easy walk to Plaza Mayor and Puerta del Sol. The room was very nice - just enough room, comfortable bed, very clean. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Even though we didn't pay for the breakfast with our room booking, we decided to eat the breakfast at the hotel, instead of venturing out as we had an early train to Seville. We were glad we did - the breakfast was very good - lots of variety and choices and very fresh.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Location is perfect to wonder in Madrid , in the centre of all the sights in a walking distance, up to 15 minutes time. It's 3 minutes far from all the nightlife, restaurants cafés bars. The metro station in Sol with 3 lines is 3 minutes away. Rooms are ok, clean ,nothing special, breakfast good but could have been richest. Supersized bed was superb. Wifi was good.
Having in mind the prise, I consider this hotel as superb.

1  Thank Savvas P