“Worth the Drive!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante Castilla

Restaurante Castilla
Reserve with
Restaurante Castilla is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,836 of 10,440 Restaurants in Madrid
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Milton, Wisconsin
“Worth the Drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a smallish restaurant in a very residential area of Madrid near the airport. The people who frequent it are (for the most part) not tourists but rather folks who live nearby. Fortunately we were staying at the nearby Hilton Hotel so the cab ride was only about 4 euros. The gentleman who we met upon entering at about 6:30 (who I later learned is the owner) offered to seat us inside or out but also suggested we may want to take a walk through the neighborhood as the restaurant would be "more active" in a short time. That was a good suggestion as the walk was very pleasant in a clean and safe community.

When we returned, we decided to sit outside and promptly made friends with another couple at an adjoining table (my wife speaks very good Spanish and loves to talk). They were obviously regulars. We asked our server to make suggestions for our meal and appetizers and most were spot on,. Noticing I did not seem quite as enthralled with my tripe entree (it was probably terrific... I just think I'm not fond of tripe) he brought me a complimentary small open faced steak sandwich type entree which was very good.

As we sat and visited with the folks at the next table, we decided to send them a dessert to share. They reciprocated with after dinner drinks for us and then the restaurant owner and chef surprised us with a complimentary dessert to share!

This is a very friendly place. We felt comfortable and would absolutely return for the the outstanding food, reasonably priced wine and friendly service. Even if you had to pay for transportation from downtown, Restaurante Castilla is definately worth the trip. Oh... BTW, there is a metro station within 2 blocks too. .

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank David10_1960

Manchester, United Kingdom
“a MA zing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

If you're in Madrid and you're hungry then look no further! The food was out of this world and the atmosphere in the restaurant was chilled and very friendly. The owners, Tomás and Carlos (a father and son team) made us feel so welcome; we were made to feel like old friends!

Great, traditional, tasty food to satisfy any palate. This really is a 'must visit' and trip to Madrid.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Edmund74
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing Steak, and great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was on a long layover at the airport, and wanted to find somewhere local to eat. This place is amazing. The food was fantastic, and the staff were extremely friendly. I got to meet the owner who was seemed really passionate about the food. The steak was cooked to perfection, and they had a good selection of drinks. I wished I could have stayed longer. If you are ever at the airport, and want a great place to eat, it is worth the taxi ride. Five Stars!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Darren005
Boston, Massachusetts
“Authentic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

While visiting Madrid I was really hoping to try some authentic Spanish food. After the concierge at my hotel recommended an Italian restaurant, I perused the area and stumbled upon this gem! The staff were so enthusiastic about their food and very friendly- I don't speak Spanish so they were very accommodating. When I sat down for lunch my meal was incredible. Some friends and I split several dishes, but the gambas (shrimp), rabo del toro (bull's tail!), and grilled fish were all plates to remember.

• Visited January 2013