“Lovely food, great environment and staff.”

Sagasta 28 Bistro & Gourmet
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Sagasta 28 Bistro & Gourmet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 10,520 Restaurants in Madrid
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Chueca
Description: Right on the border between the Centre Chamberi district is in the street of the same name, Sagasta 28 Bistro & Gourmet. A gastronomic project is the result of illusion and effort of two young entrepreneurs, Rodrigo & Oscar, your objective, offering its guests a pleasant and different experience in terms of what the bars of his style is concerned. Always with the philosophy of providing domestic products of the highest quality, but affordable, has created a modern and welcoming space serving from the best Iberian pottage, even the best beef in a hamburger with stamp author. With a varied menu and prices, we offer you what else can fancy at all times of the day; a balanced breakfast, a sporting event with friends, a romantic dinner, a few drinks after work. From these lines the young and dynamic team of Sagasta 28, wants to thank you for taking a moment to meet and welcome you..
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, great environment and staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I came here with my girlfriend on our first evening in Madrid based on the Tripadvisor rating and it did not disappoint.The three guys that work here are all equally helpful, knowledgeable and very friendly. I had read that they often showed football here, so I asked if they were showing a game that was currently on in England (Manchester United vs Arsenal). Despite the fact that the TV was off they made a great effort to find it. It took them around 15 mins to search through the plethora of channels and by then I actually felt bad for asking. However, it appeared that this was no bother for them as they did it with a smile; we were the only one's there and they were going to make a great effort to makes sure we were happy which I was very impressed by. We took advantage of a deal that involved two beers and some tapas (ham and breadsticks) which was very good value and tasted very nice.. They began talking to us and went into detail about the various food they had to offer and they recommended me a common Spanish dish of fried eggs with fried potato and chorizo. This was delicious and it was a bonus that you could see the chef cooking it from where you're sitting. Our overall opinion of this place was an excellent one, with all the boxes ticked. Great service, great food, great atmosphere and some very friendly and helpful staff. We came back again on our last evening in Madrid and they instantly recognised us, shaking our hands and offering more of that great service and food. Considering all this as well as the extra mile they went in trying to find the football for us on our first night I can't recommend this place highly enough. Segasta 28 is down the road of the same name and is a must if you're in the area, but if not it s well worth the visit as it is an interesting area by day, with nice pastry and cake shops and an excellent one by night with the various bars and restauraunts.

• Visited February 2014

• Greek first
Reykjavik, Iceland
“For Great Choice of Foods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

A very cute place is the Sagasta 28 restaurant in Madrid. The variety of food is large. The restaurant serves baguettes, desserts, sandwiches and soups. You are allowed to share your plate with others in the group. The waiters are very knowledgeable and know how to handle customers. The coffees here are excellent and I sensed a nice blend of Columbian coffee brewed on an imported coffee machine. The drawback here is the lack of an English menu. But, the waiter can speak English and they helped us to order. Among the foods I like the spinach salad and the truffle honey. Since the restaurant did not have my drink, I tried the local micro-brewed beer and it was very good. I propose to try the tapas next time. The place has rigged up a big screen to show football matches and I thought that was a nice touch.

• Visited January 2014
Madrid, Spain
“Wonderful environment, great staff, and perfect place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is by far one of the best restaurants in Madrid due to the staff which are the ones who make the restaurant, quite frankly the food is delicious and the waiter is very friendly and knowledgeable, I give my full recommendation to everyone visiting Madrid.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Maximiliano V
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great food, great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I first hesitated as I was again alone on business and didn't want to end up in a bar. But entered anyway, and found a really nice, spacious cave like atmosphere (despite being on ground floor). The food was excellent: Spanish jamon starter, tasty salad and surprisingly good flan dessert from northern Spain. The waiter was extremely knowledgable and a great help in choosing the food (helping to translate), also very nice to talk to. The place seemed rather un-touristy which is always a huge asset.

• Visited December 2013
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Saturday night chill out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Wandered into this bar on Saturday evening as it was across from our hotel, the menu was in spanish but the staff were happy to translate and make recommendations. Great atmosphere, great food and a great place to chill out, well worth a visit.

• Visited November 2013