“Value for money ”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chamberi
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews decide to try this place out on our 1st day in Madrid. Easy to find from metro station, did not prebook table for Saturday, bit they had free tables downstairs, nicely decorated, lady waitress helped explain the menu advising us 1 main meal would be enough for 2 people, but we said we were hungry and would try too plates, well we should have listened to her as no way could we finish all the food, really tasty full of flavor, would recommend this place to people, very reasonably price the pork is amazing! A must try place to go.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic meal, excellent service and recommendations for food. Really lovely staff and amazing food. Mum was treated like a star for her birthday. Thank you!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had dinner at its ¨twin¨restaurant Alcaravea Cea Bermudez in August and loved it. This time we chose the Gaztambide location because it looked prettier inside from the pictures, And it was. This time we had visiting friends with us, and we wanted to show them typical spanish plates. The meal was fantastic. Everything we ate was exquisitely prepared, presented, served. The service was extremely friendly. I recommend you order the half portions, since the full portions are huge, and so you can try more plates. I am so glad I have found this place, we will keep going back.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I ate here tonight and were very impressed. Our server took a last minute reservation over the phone, and knew who we were as soon as we walked in. He explained the menu to us in English and recommended a fabulous wine and several dishes. He even made half orders for us as he was concerned we were ordering too much food - we didn't even finish the half orders so he was right. We had goat cheese croquettes, a salad, a vegetable casserole and the pork cheeks. I would return here and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great dinner experience. It was worth the 25 minute walk for sure!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My kids and I went here based on reviews and it was everything that was promised. Excellent service and outstanding food made this a hit with me and my teenagers. Took a while to get there by taxi, but we were seated promptly and were given good suggestions on what/how to order. Portions are large. try half orders where available. I had the Secret Pork and it was great. I only wished that we had oredered the Tuna special that was available, because another table got it and it looked great.

I recommend this restaurant to anyone. Great food and service. Good value, too.

2  Thank efferman