Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Spanish Tapas Madrid tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Spanish Tapas Madrid
from $40.20
from $80.48
from $126.47
More Info
All reviews first night tapas met luis guide luis ham spanish omelette tortillas churros dietary restrictions private tour highly recommend this tour visiting madrid great introduction flamenco tour jamon booked this tour empty stomach
Reviewed 2 days ago

My mom came to visit me in Madrid for the weekend and she was especially surprised with how much she enjoyed this experience!! It was the perfect combo of Luis giving us a good layout of the city and trying all the main tapas that really are authentic. After living here for a few months, I can say that this tour is an amazing overview of what Spanish tapas are like. It was so fun to meet the other people on the tour, and it wasn't forced at all as we were having natural conversation with Luis and other the whole way though! Would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed 1 week ago

We did this private food tour on a very busy Saturday evening, with Mario, and we've been telling so many people about it since. Mario picked us up from our hotel right on time and led us through the packed streets of the city for around four hours, stopping at various points of interest as well as four excellent food stops. His warm and friendly manner makes him a perfect guide, his English is fluent and he clearly has a very good professional relationship with the various restaurateurs involved in the tour. During the time we spent with him he helped us to expand our knowledge of Spanish food and wine, history and culture in such an entertaining and knowledgable way. Each of the food stops was excellent, and in fact we went back to one of them the following night (Inclan Bar Brutal) in order to try more of the menu items as we'd been so impressed. Thanks Mario, we loved the evening we spent with you.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you love your food, a bit of history, good company and a few laughs along the way, I can highly recommend this company. Luis was very professional, knew his stuff and looked after us the way a good host should. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this tour!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are looking for a great experience in Madrid tasting Tapas from the Spanish experts look no further than this team of experts led by Luis Bofill and Mario Calvo! We utilized them for Spanish Tapas tour, El Prado Museum Tour and Horse Back Riding in mountains of Madrid. My wife and I had awesome adventures with this team! Their knowledge of Madrid, the food, culture and art was impressive. We would 100% recommend them to anyone visiting the lovely city of Madrid. I would go back just to hang out with Luis and Mario!! thanks guys for the memories we will never forget. Todo Bien. Kevin

1  Thank kevin d
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We did the Spanish Tapas Madrid tour with Luis and had a fantastic time! It was such a memorable experience and definitely a highlight of our trip to Madrid! Luis took us to several tapas bars to eat, explaining things we saw on the way as we were walking in Madrid. It was such a fun time! We highly recommend it!

Reviewed October 10, 2018

Great experience touring the different local places for food and wine in Madrid. Mario was so awesome that I went on a horseback ride tour with him just north of Madrid in the mountains. Super nice guy and very knowledgeable. Highly recommend this tour

Reviewed September 27, 2018

Luis was not only extremely knowledgable about Spanish cuisine and tapas, but also the history. My friend and I had a lovely time with him and even went back to some of the locations we visited with him. I highly recommend this at the beginning of your trip to get oriented with the city.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Luís is the most memorable, fun, energetic, considerate and exciting private tour guide my mom and I had during our two week trip in Portugal and Spain. Our Spanish travel company (Charmed by Spain) booked us two tours in Madrid and Toledo and we had the fortunate pleasure of having Luis as our guide for both. For the Madrid private tapas tours, it felt like Luis took us on a fast-paced whirlwind around the city after he learned that we were only in Madrid for two nights. Luis took us to see a beautiful sunset near the royal palace, prior to that we had stopped for the best fried cod and then famous Iberian ham and olive oil, and other all sorts of tapas throughout the night. Luis has all the connections to the best restaurants and tapas bars, we watched him greet the servers and restaurant owners and they were all thrilled to see him and embraced him warmly. He has the “hook ups” and exactly why we wanted a local host for a private tapas tour. He is a seasoned professional and never pushed us to try anything that we didn’t want to. For the Toledo day-trip tour, Luis picked us up from our hotel in the morning, driving his own car (which was super comfortable) and we had a very entertaining ride from Madrid to Toledo. As we walked around the city, Luis taught us the history of Toledo and all of the important palaces and historical sights, but he kept it all at a good pace with very interesting information. His tour was very thorough and fun, my mom has even remarked that Toledo was her favorite excursion because of the rich history and also having Luis as our guide and host. Toledo is truly beautiful, I can take all of the pictures I want until I’m blue in the face and it won’t describe the actual beauty. You gotta see it yourself. In summary, I’ve been on a lot of tours, either private or group, and Luis is a 10/10 or more for always going above and beyond. Please book him in advance if you’re planning on visiting Madrid or Toledo because he is truly AMAZING!

1  Thank ttsou23
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We were part of a group of 4 who were expertly guided by Mario through the streets of Madrid and it’s eating places. We talked about history, culture, food and a little bit of politics while eating a variety of tapas in 4 different places. Each food type was paired with recommended drinks, including Sangria, Cava, Rioja and chocolate! Really loved this and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys eating out and wants to learn about Spanish food. Thank you, Mario, for a very memorable and enjoyable evening.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous food and a great way to see the city and to discover authentic restaurants you wouldn't otherwise go to. Our guide Luis was great and taught us a lot about the food, the city and the restaurants. I would highly recommend this tour!!