“Private Day Tour of Toledo”

Spanish Tapas Madrid
Book In Advance
Ranked #6 of 117 Food & Drink in Madrid
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We've been providing exclusive tapas experiences since 2012. Our excellence lies in our interpersonal approach, our premium food venues and experienced local guides. As a result highly esteemed Madrid hotels, like Hotel Villa Magna or Westin Palace trust us with their most valued clients. We specialize in guided tours for private parties where the food and cultural experience becomes unique. Once you book one of our private tours, either through our website or here with Viator, our private guide will be at your entire disposal for a customized gastronomical journey. Come, discover and savor a variety of Spanish gourmet food and wine accompanied by a local connoisseur and guide, Luis. We also offer private cultural tours to Museo del Prado Private as well as Day Trips to Toledo and El Escorial. For those of you looking to join other people in diverse groups, you can try our open tours such as the Family Tapas Tour at 13:15 or the Madrid Tapas Tour running in the even
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed October 30, 2017

After having a great tapas tour with Luis at the beginning of our trip, we booked an all day tour to Toledo with him our last day. It was an excellent experience. We saw the beauty of the city from various viewpoints, visited many of the city's beautiful buildings, ending with the magnificent cathedral. Throughout the tour, Luis provided the history of the area and the sites we were visiting. He has great knowledge of Spanish history and art and how it is reflected in Spain today. It was truly one of the highlights of our Spanish vacation.

Date of experience: October 2017
LuisMadrid1971, Propietario at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Dear macmc0515.
I am so delighted you enjoyed the Toledo Day Tour. This city is one of the top sites in Spain and only by visiting it you can better undertand the history of our country.
Thank for sharing the experience with the Trip Advisor community.
Best regards

"his knowledge"
in 16 reviews
"great introduction"
in 14 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
"great company"
in 10 reviews
"great tour"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed October 19, 2017

This tour was a perfect beginning to our time in Spain. Luis is not only a great guide through the world of tapas, but so knowledgable about the culture and history of Spain, it was a wonderful introduction to our trip. We visited five different tapas bars, from the most historic, to the modern and feasted on Iberico jamon, garlic shrimp, smoked octopus and more, including local wines and beer. Luis was the perfect host and we highly recommend this tour - it was fantastic. We were so impressed that on our return to Madrid we booked a day long tour to Toledo with Luis and were equally impressed.

Date of experience: October 2017
LuisMadrid1971, Owner at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Dear JanZ49.
Thank you so much for your nice review!
I am very happy you found our Madrid Tapas Tour as a good introduction to your trip.
We like to have you understand what is Madrid and Spain about besides having tapas with us. We like to think it is not just a Tapas Tour but much more.
Also I'd like appreciate you mentioning the Private Toledo Day Tour, the tour I most enjoy doing.
Best regards

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the tour so much that i did it twice on two separate trips to Madrid! The 2nd time it was only my gf and I so we had a personalized food tour just for us. Amazing food and great insight into local history and culture. Highly recommend!!

Dear David A,
Thank you for choosing our experience... for the second time. This really means a lot to us: it's encouraging to see how our friends liked the tour so much that they decided it is worth to do it more than once.
I sincerely wish that your gf thinks the same as you, and happy for having offered you that personalized evening.
With warm regards,
Mario

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Please go with Spanish Tapas Madrid if you are interested in a Tapas tour in Madrid. With Luis you get a very knowledgable native guide and a personalized approach to the tours. There are competing companies that have jazzy websites, non-Spanish guides (and significantly higher prices), I doubt that they can give anything like the depth of knowledge and experience that Luis brings to his tours (it sounds like his colleague Mario is excellent also). When I met Luis at the start point he told me that the other people had cancelled and I was the only one in the tour! I was leaving Madrid and would not be able to schedule another tour, so he happily conducted me on a personalized one person Tapas/Flamenco tour. I think most companies would have cancelled rather than conduct a tour for one customer. I am a history teacher, and so we talked a lot about history and literature, and Luis showed me some important historic sites, for instance we went in and explored the Atheno, the Freemason Hall as it happened to be open when we passed by. This is what I mean by personalized, he says he likes to go with what his customers are interested in and be flexible. We went to three great places for Tapas, a mix of traditional historic places and new, cutting edge. He usually takes people,to a fourth, but our history touring took some time, so we needed to get to the Flamenco place. We did manage to stop for an ice cream on the way, a place that makes really good, in house natural ice cream. The Flamenco was fantastic and we had a table right in front of the stage. It was a great evening, I learned so much and had so much good food and drink. I noticed that everywhere we went the owners were thrilled to see Luis, they clearly know him well. Try to schedule your tour early in your Madrid stay because you will,have a much better idea of where to go for good tapas after your tour. As it is I am returning to Madrid for a couple of days and I definitely will return to the places Luis showed. This is an experience that is well worth the price.

Date of experience: September 2017
LuisMadrid1971, Manager at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Dear izzyPortland
Thank you for sharing such detailed and generous words about the Tapas and Flamenco Experience in Madrid, our most complete introduction to Madrid's food and culture in 4 hours. I agree 100% with you that this is a tour that should be booked early in you trip to get the best of Madrid during the rest of your stay.
Gracias, gracias, gracias