Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

from $47.86
from $68.20
from $133.97
More Info
All reviews first night tapas la traviesa tortillas highly recommend this tour his knowledge visiting madrid flamenco tour garlic shrimp great tour small group food and wine spanish history walking tour luis spain cava
Selected filters
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the tour so much that i did it twice on two separate trips to Madrid! The 2nd time it was only my gf and I so we had a personalized food tour just for us. Amazing food and great insight into local history and culture. Highly recommend!!

Date of experience: September 2017
LuisMadrid1971, Owner at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Dear David A,
Thank you for choosing our experience... for the second time. This really means a lot to us: it's encouraging to see how our friends liked the tour so much that they decided it is worth to do it more than once.
I sincerely wish that your gf thinks the same as you, and happy for having offered you that personalized evening.
With warm regards,
Mario

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Please go with Spanish Tapas Madrid if you are interested in a Tapas tour in Madrid. With Luis you get a very knowledgable native guide and a personalized approach to the tours. There are competing companies that have jazzy websites, non-Spanish guides (and significantly higher prices), I doubt that they can give anything like the depth of knowledge and experience that Luis brings to his tours (it sounds like his colleague Mario is excellent also). When I met Luis at the start point he told me that the other people had cancelled and I was the only one in the tour! I was leaving Madrid and would not be able to schedule another tour, so he happily conducted me on a personalized one person Tapas/Flamenco tour. I think most companies would have cancelled rather than conduct a tour for one customer. I am a history teacher, and so we talked a lot about history and literature, and Luis showed me some important historic sites, for instance we went in and explored the Atheno, the Freemason Hall as it happened to be open when we passed by. This is what I mean by personalized, he says he likes to go with what his customers are interested in and be flexible. We went to three great places for Tapas, a mix of traditional historic places and new, cutting edge. He usually takes people,to a fourth, but our history touring took some time, so we needed to get to the Flamenco place. We did manage to stop for an ice cream on the way, a place that makes really good, in house natural ice cream. The Flamenco was fantastic and we had a table right in front of the stage. It was a great evening, I learned so much and had so much good food and drink. I noticed that everywhere we went the owners were thrilled to see Luis, they clearly know him well. Try to schedule your tour early in your Madrid stay because you will,have a much better idea of where to go for good tapas after your tour. As it is I am returning to Madrid for a couple of days and I definitely will return to the places Luis showed. This is an experience that is well worth the price.

1  Thank izzyPortland
LuisMadrid1971, Manager at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Dear izzyPortland
Thank you for sharing such detailed and generous words about the Tapas and Flamenco Experience in Madrid, our most complete introduction to Madrid's food and culture in 4 hours. I agree 100% with you that this is a tour that should be booked early in you trip to get the best of Madrid during the rest of your stay.
Gracias, gracias, gracias

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

Excellent, great food, great host who was knowledgeable, welcoming and friendly. More than a taste of Tapas in Madrid

Dear Stuart S.
Fantastic and breif review stating our mission and the local experience you're going to get for a very reasonable price.
Gracias, Stuart

Reviewed September 17, 2017

Mario our guide provided lots of information on the history of Madrid, places to go and things to avoid. We enjoyed the tapas wine and sangria. The best bit for me was the chocolate and churros which was to die for.

Date of experience: September 2017
LuisMadrid1971, Tour Guide Mario Calvo at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Dear macintyres82,

First of all thank you for your kind words. I tried to do my best and you were a great group. I am happy to know that you enjoyed all the tapas and the sweet dessert... as someone said "It is like drinking pudding"

Warm regards,

Mario Calvo

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Luis was our guide and took us to some fantastic places with fabulous food! We tried a range of iberian jamon, seafood (esp the garlic prawns), a range of spanish wine and transitional spanish omelette among other things! Go with an empty stomach!!!! Luis has a amazing knowledge of Madrid and will leave you with a range of places to try for the rest of your stay ♡

1  Thank CatJTraveler
LuisMadrid1971, Propietario at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Dear catsj1990.
Gracias for pointing out important things to be ready for the tour: empty stomach and open ears to experience a great night out with a local guide.
I am very happy you enjoyed the evening.
Best regards