“Really attentive thoughtful service and good food and wine”
Review of Taberna la Concha

Taberna la Concha
Ranked #137 of 12,012 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Latina
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The host who served us here was fantastic. We're a right pair, in that I am coeliac and my partner is veggie, but nothing was too much trouble. Tasty food and great Manzanilla Sherry. Recommended!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I went here with my daughter and we had a nice meal. It was not outstanding and it was not the best meal or ambience I had in Madrid as some reviewers wrote.

Prices are ok and I was able to have better meals for better pricing elsewhere. Service was great. Place is small upstairs and the downstairs is a little different. Cardboard backing on the seats…. Artistic I guess but something in wood would be more appropriate.

I went here due to the reviews on TA and felt they were all wrong. Don't get me wrong - it's ok but nowhere close the high ranking it is at the moment - #8

2  Thank OestreichA
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Found this place after reading a review on a food blog (madridchow.com) Were not disappointed. Tiny place, we sat downstairs. Very friendly and knowledgeable server, provided a menu in english. Had the pork cheeks and mashed potatoes, so delicious that I cannot remember what else we ordered. Not kidding! I remember the strawberries and cream dessert we were brought only because I took a photo.

1  Thank dkmartini
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Great and interesting tapas experience at a good price. A true local experience. Food is well presented and we got free desert. Wine and champagne by the glass is also good

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Ate here after reading rave reviews on trip advisor and couldn't understand what all the fuss is about.

Small and average tapas bar (of which there are at least 20 more in the same street).

Limited menu and the dishes we sampled didn't blow our socks off.

Perfectly OK - but don't go with expectations of anything out of this world.

2  Thank mfokinth