“Easily the best food tour in the city of Madrid!!”

Devour Madrid Food Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$96.76*
and up
Authentic Spanish Wine Tasting and Tapas Tour in Madrid
Ranked #2 of 106 Food & Drink in Madrid
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Madrid like a local on our small group food tours! A Devour Madrid Food Tour is a fun-filled walking tour and culinary experience for visitors and locals alike. Join us as we taste our way around Madrid on one of our exciting food tasting and cultural walking tours. Discover the people and ingredients behind authentic Spanish cuisine while we make our way around the city. Guests can enjoy sampling food and learning the history, culture and traditions of Madrid as we visit its best markets, tapas bars, specialty food shops, bakeries and more. Our offerings include daytime food tours, evening tapas tours, flamenco and tapas tours, wine and tapas tours, tapas and history tours and Prado Museum and Botin lunch tours.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Easily the best food tour in the city of Madrid!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I am so lucky to have come across another must go food tour. When you go to Madrid, Spain you must go on this food and history tour. It gives you a wonderful overview of Madrid's history and culture while feeding you fantastic food that I thought were true to the heart of Spanish food. More importantly for me there was also a more then adequate amount of alcohol.

Our tour guild was James, please ask for any tour he gives, he provided an outstanding tour that he seems to intelligently customizes each tour slightly to the personality of the group. Suggesting places that may not be on the tour but would be of great interest for you to visit while in the city.

For the very short time I was in Spain this tour made the trip worth it for me - this is without a doubt a must do for everyone who visits Spain for the first time or second, or third. Everyone will get something great out of this. You will not reget it.

The name of the tour I did is - Tapas & History Tour.

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
“This should be the first thing you do when you come to Madrid”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Not only do you learn about (and get to eat) Spain's fantastic food, you get to visit some of the best parts of Madrid along the way.

Lauren is incredibly knowledgeable when it comes to Spanish cuisine and has many engaging anecdotes about Madrid. There are no uncomfortable groups following umbrellas on this tour and you really get the opportunity to have a personalized experience. Lauren takes you to a variety of places in Madrid, both well known and more under the radar. It's clear that these are all places she enjoys herself and she's very candid as she guides you through the city, you aren't just going to places to check off of a list.

Beyond lots of delicious sampling, you will learn the details that distinguish specific Spanish products from others, how to order from a Spanish menu, what good price points for different items are, and even about some things you don't eat.

One big concern I had with going on a food tour was that I'd be so full from tastings by the end of the tour that I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself. With this tour there is no reason for concern at all. The quantity of food was perfect and there was plenty of opportunity to eat more had I wanted to. You have lots of options at each stop so everyone has the opportunity to try what they are interested in most.

With Madrid Food Tour you get to snack at some of the city's finest markets and most historic bars and restaurants. You are also introduced to many other locations that are great to know about for people new to the city or otherwise. After going on this tour you certainly won't be lacking in ideas of where and what to eat during the rest of your time in Madrid and you'll be well prepared to discover Spanish food on your own while avoiding overpriced tourist traps.

Madrid
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I fell in love with Madrid all over again!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had an amazing Saturday morning with Madrid Food Tour! Complete with history and tastings from local gems and traditional Spanish restaurants. Even after 4 years in Madrid this tour uncovered places, traditions and history that I was unaware of. Lauren led my group and was a resource of interesting facts and a genuine passion for the rich food and culture. I'd recommend this tour for anyone new to the city or anyone who is looking to fall in love with Madrid all over again. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent way to experience Madrid”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We signed up for this tour last minute and had a private version of the signature tour. As foodies visiting Madrid for the first time, this was an incredible way to experience Spain's vibrant culture and local specialties. Kay (our guide) has vast knowledge of Madrid, the Spanish culture and, of course, the food!!! We felt like we were getting a Madrid intro tour from a close friend. Try to take this tour in the beginning of your trip since you will be trying out a lot of different local snacks, drinks, food and sweets. Be ready to walk a lot and eat even more. Also, it is a great way to find out what you like and don't like and then, apply your newly acquired knowledge and taste buds for the remaining of your trip. Strongly recommended! You will not regret.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank 460Foodie
Boston, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Don't miss a great tour!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been to Spain on a number of occasions for both business and pleasure. On my most recent business trip, I decided to join a food tour after hearing about a friends great experience. The Signature Market and Tasting Tour was a fabulous way to spend my morning. Lauren's knowledge of food and history was great. I met some nice people on the tour, tasted some great food, learned a lot, and I would do it all over again (or try another one of her tours next time). Food, fun, culture, history = Great Tour! I highly recommend it!!!