“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #47 of 445 Hotels in Madrid
Dublin, Ireland
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

spent 2 nights there from 31/01/2013. Ideal location right opposite the Prado Museum, within walking distance of Botanic Gardens and park, lovely area of Madrid. Easy access to public transport, 10 minute plesant walk to Atochia train station. Very near good tapas bars, in fact hotel tapas bar is exceptional! would highly recommend food there.
We stayed in room 115 allthough not huge, it was fine for our needs, nice to have a street view! no problem with noise, beds very comfortable, heating perfect for time of year, bathroom a bit small but more than adequate. Lovely shower. Only gripe not enough toilitries for 2 people.
Breakfast facilities excellent. Lobby area a pleasure to be in. Overall Excellent Staff !

Room Tip: First floor rooms were fine but do ask for an upgrade, or a room with a view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Sharon O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Czech first
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

On a recent trip to Madrid, my wife and I wanted to find a hotel centrally located with easy access to the major museums. The NH Paseo del Prado more than fit the bill. Our room was comfortable, reasonably priced and nicely appointed. The green marble in the bath added a luxurious touch. Service was friendly and helpful, and free Internet access was a convenience. The location was ideal, across the street from the Prado, on the Retiro, and a nice stroll from numerous restaurants and cafes. I will definitely return

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Martin R
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

in all my numerous trips to madrid,. i believe that this is the best balance between porice and quality.
great breakfast, location the best of the best with del prado and thyssen museum, cybeles plaza, puerta del sol, plaza mayor at walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sergelegabriele
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in mid December for 2 nights and had a great stay. We were pleasantly surprised that they let us check in early in the morning despite being told before hand that we would not be able to do so. The beds were relatively comfortable (2 twins pushed together) and the room was extremely quiet, clean, and warm. We had a room on an upper floor on the small inner courtyard that, despite being somewhat dark, was extremely quiet and allowed for great sleep after busy days. We didn't have the breakfast but there are several restaurants, and even a Starbucks close by for a quick bite to eat. The location is excellent, as others have pointed out, and allows for easy access to any of the great museums and to the tasty/lively tapas bars in Central Madrid.

Room Tip: For better sleep get a room on a higher floor next to the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank STandKZ
Midwest USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel was very nice and I am glad I stayed here. I was here for work and it was recommended to stay somewhere central in Madrid. I am relatively young and like to walk and I was able to get around many parts of the city on foot. I loved visiting the giant Park (Parque del Retiro) nearby and went there many times. I also walked around to places like Puerta del Sol and Plaza Mayor many times. The location of Paseo del Prado is its selling point. The room itself was very clean and well-kept and the bathroom was quite large. I was only a few floors up and facing the street but noise was not an issue. This hotel definitely is not in the exactly "middle of it all" and surrounded nearby great things, but just off the center. Taxis and buses are plentiful, and it is very safe,clean and comfortable.

The only negatives I can think of that made it so I could not rate this hotel "Excellent" were:

1. The hotel staff spoke very poor or broken English. I realized in Spain that this would happen and I know enough Spanish to get by, just important to know for English-speakers who do not know the native language.

2. I booked through work and it was listed that wireless internet was free and included. The front-desk told me it was not. I showed them my confirmation stating that the internet was included, and they said that was an error or issue with NH as they did not offer it at this location. If I spoke Spanish better I would have contested it further, since it was annoying to have to go down and get a password for the internet multiple times. If my employer did not pay for this I would have been very unhappy, but it was just inconvenient for me. The staff remained pleasant and professional and I did not let it ruin things for me.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank smoothrt
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a week-end this December. The hotel is great, at the very heart of the city very close to the prado museum. The staff is very kind and friendly. The room was nice, quiet and very clean. The hotel provides a very good atmosphere. The breakfast was acceptable. I recommend this hotel for the very good compromise price/quality.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NS001Paris
Bruges, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Room was beautiful, very clean. Bathroom was like a little palace.
Breakfast was brilliant. Hotel is really close to the centre, Museo Del Prado is just opposite.
Stunning view. Perfectly airconditioned.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple