Hop On/Hop Off Bus Tour Madrid
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews day pass top deck blue route different routes your bearings ear phones extended tour real madrid stadium audio guide prado museum puerta del sol royal palace plaza mayor overview sights loop euros
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

As I had only a day in Madrid, This was the best choice to see the beautiful city...They show you all the important and interesting places... Best way to get acquainted with the city...

Reviewed 5 days ago

Always the best way to get your bearings. We did both routes in a day and took some decent photos that you won't get at ground level.
Commentary was by a cat?

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My friend and I decided to take the Hop On/Hop Off Madrid bus tour despite the bad reviews. After we spent over an hour and a half trying to find a blue line bus stop, we decided to take a break and buy souvenirs at a kiosk just outside of the Puerta de Atocha train station. On a whim, I asked the salesperson if she knew where we could buy tickets...turns out she sold them!

2  Thank Stay826654
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Madrid is a beautiful city and you will get to see much of it on this tour but you won't learn much. The recorded commentary is so dull and irrelevant- probably written by an ancient historian who thinks it's important that you know this or that building was designed by some obscure Spanish architect in the 18th century and, most important, you know his date.of birth. The real issue was that, with the exception of the most famous buildings, it was virtually impossible to identify which building she was droning on about. I unplugged her before the end of the trip.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This experience paled in comparison to the one in Paris. Bus stops were very difficult to locate in such large area as Puerto del Sol. We had to ask and hunt around a lot. Waited a long time for buses and then they would arrive full. Commentary was very limited. Often it was easier to walk to the next location.

1  Thank dawnmK5107OG
Reviewed 1 week ago

I really like the buses, they even have a USB charger and the people are very nice.

But, after waiting for 1 hour on a stop (and it is cold today in Madrid) I gave up and walked back to my hotel. The 15 minutes between buses in low season are not real. Just for info, I was in the Puerta de Alcala. I hope I did not catch a cold.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Looked forward very much to doing a trip on the bus to get a sense of the City for our first visit but were rather disappointed. Firstly, the roadworks on the Calle Mayor meant we were virtually at a standstill for more than half an hour - if not longer - so we had to rethink our plans. Secondly, the view from the bus is quite restricted on the ground floor and almost non existent if you can only get a seat right at the back. We had planned to use our pass for the whole day but, unfortunately, abandoned it and resorted to using the tram to visit places. A shame as we were looking forward to it and four of us had paid a total of €84 for effectively one short bus ride which took over an hour due to the roadworks - not good value for money in anybody's book!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I think this is the best way to see the highlights of Madrid. You can take your time and explore all of the places you want to at your own pace. The commentary is great.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We bought a 2 day ticket for €25 and it really wasn't worth it! We didn't get to use it on our first day because every bus that we waited on was completely full! I think 7 buses went by which were completely full!

The tour itself does go on a decent enough route but by the time you get a bus, you probably could have walked there faster. I would only recommend getting a 1 day ticket and being up at the crack of dawn to ensure you get a seat, otherwise you will be waiting an age!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I wasn’t impressed. Was first person on the bus, in front of Prado museum. The ticket taker was brash and unhelpful, disinterested. The bus driver and ticket taker talked loudly among themselves in Spanish the entire time. Neither ever poked their head up to glance the upper deck. Earphones didn’t work: I had to try three pairs before I found a pair that worked, with no help from the bus attendant. When bus didn’t fill to capacity we were unceremoniously kicked off and told to wait in 39 degree weather for the next bus. We boarded that bus 15 min later, filling it completely. I will say the attendant and driver on the second bus were much more professional and service oriented. THE MAIN PROBLEM: the pre-recorded audio that streams through the headphones is severely lacking in information! It only explains the most famous places in Madrid with 3-8 minutes of music in between snippets of information. Madrid is a gorgeous, old, well preserved city: there are monuments, statues, squares, gorgeous buildings, and charming streets everywhere you look so a tour guide should be able to talk non-stop as you drive through that city. While the music was playing we passed some especially gorgeous squares with historic statues, unusually charming streets, and very exceptional buildings - I paid to learn about those things, not to listen to your music.

1  Thank Sarah B