“Really nice place to stay”

Madrid Motion Hostel
Ranked #329 of 420 Specialty Lodging in Madrid
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Everything seems pretty new, and the staff are very helpfull they also have activities; like the walking tour we did with fernando, At the bar in the morning they have breakfast included in the price which is really good is you want to save money :-)
I reccomend this hostel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elena G

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights and was great, it's clean it's new, it's in the center of Madrid. They also organize activities, I did the walking tour with Anastasia and was great. Also at night they organize drinking games and more tours. If I go back to Madrid I will stay in Motions again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Amy S
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great hostel for young people but also older people! :)
It is centrally located! There is directly a supermarket, shopping street...
Great staff! They are very friendly and open for questions about the hostel or visiting. :)
Wifi for free! :)
The breakfast was really good. There is something to eat for everyone.
It's cheap, but really good! The best hostel for going to madrid!
The rooms are nice and every day the bed was made. You don't even need towels.
So everything was great. The hostel made Madrid unforgettable, because there were no problems with it. :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Schumiiii
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The staff is very helpful, the beds comfortable and the breakfast was better than we've expected! The hostel is very cozy and has a warm atmosphere and is not expensive at all, so it was a nice option for a student like me :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2013

good for the price but it was so noisy after 2230 at night. random people knocking on every doors on our level. the male staff were friendly, but the blonde lady didnt seem to care about our questions.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The location of the hostel is just awesome. It is few minutes of walk to 3 important metro stations (calao, sol and gran via). The puerta del sol square is realy close. A few minutes more of walk and you are in Plaza Mayor and San Miguel Market. It is realy a great location.

There is a bar inside de hostel. The drinks are great and cheap. The barmen is very friendly.

The only point I did not like was the fact that I was hosted on the seventh floor and the elevator just goes until the sixth floor. The accoustic of the rooms are not very good either. You can hear the conversations of the neibours and people walking on the hall.

Room Tip: Get rooms from sisth floor and bellow. I stayed in a privated ensuite and it was fine.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My stay at Madrid Motion was for 17 nights. And I have to say I came to love this place. I stayed 15 nights in a 6-bed dorm for girls. My first impressions were not good- the radiator leaked water onto the floor in the room, the tap in the bathroom also dripped constantly and two (or three?) of the lockers in my room did not have locks on. The electrics were also pretty dodgy to be honest, my hair straighteners managed to trip the electics but this was solved emmediately by the friendly and helpful staff. However, enough of the negatives becasue I actually really enjoyed my stay here-and for 11Euros a night I wasn´t expecting a palace. The rooms were kept clean at all times and I was offered/given fresh sheets regularly. The breakfast is basic but enough to get you going in the morning. I never had a problem with the wifi connection, it was always strong in the designated rooms and I occasionally got a connection in my 2nd floor room. The best thing about Madrid Motion is the staff. They are helpful and personable and in my and my friend´s experience went above and beyond their roles to help us out (making phonecalls to Spanish landlords and offering advice on where to go for dinner off the tourist beaten track) i liked it so much I extended my stay for two nights, this time in a private room which I found very comfortable and mostly quiet. Yes, the windows let noise in from outside, but with the excellent downtown location, what else would you expect..? All round great little hostel for the price. Staying here was a great introduction to the city I now call home. I met loads of people here who are now friends and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo