We were group of 20 people from office, visiting Madrid for our annual industry exhibition. The hotel was booked by our travel agent saying best place to be in city centre.
Indeed the hotel's best thing is its location, walkable distance to every citi centre attraction and night life.
But that's it.....the rooms were such that it made me feel claustrophic, poor lighting. The worst thing was Gym, I decided to hit the gym at 6 AM one day and to my surprise the staff says it opens only at 9 AM (whoa......what a suprprise)
Except the reception staff other staff was a bit high headed. May be just my perceptions.
- Nice Bathroom with shower and batch tub sections differentiated, large wash basin with artistic floor
- Nice Bar at the receptions area
- Decent Breakfast (routine and monotonous though, ate same things for 3 days of our stay)
- Claustrophobic rooms
- Wired internet (we are in Europe, where is Wifi?)
- Gym (Opens only at 9 AM)
Not business traveller friendly at all and the rates are too high compared to services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grand luxury five-star hotel located in the very heart of Madrid, in the museum triangle formed by the Museo del Prado, the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and the Queen Sofia Foundation and just a few minutes away from Paseo del Prado, Puerta del Sol and El Retiro park.Located in a newly constructed building in the heart of the financial, political, commercial and cultural centre of Madrid, the Hotel Urban won't fail to catch your interest.With a marked Art-Deco style and opting for avant-garde architecture, the Hotel Urban is a boutique hotel from the 21st century, urban, design and ideal for exacting lovers of luxury who shy from conventionality. A charming, modern design hotel that has already become a point of reference. It stands out not only in the hotel panorama but also among Madrid's dining establishments and nighttime entertainment venues thanks to Europa Decó and the Glass Bar.Services102 guest rooms: 78 superior rooms, 10 junior suite duplex, 5 junior suites, 8 suites, and 1 duplex loft suiteEuropa Decó gastronomic restaurantGlass Bar oyster barLa Terraza del Urban cocktail barEl Cielo del UrbanBreakfast buffetBreakfast until 1.00 pm24-hour room service and mini-barWi-Fi in all areasBusiness centreFunction rooms and spaces for events: Nagha room, Khemer room, Nefer room, Egyptian Museum, lobby/atrium, terrace-pool and suite 132Outdoor swimming pool and solariumGymEgyptian MuseumCollection of ancient artParkingLaundry and ironing serviceDisabled accessSmall dogs allowed ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Derby Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Urban reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madrid Urban Hotel
- Hotel Urban Madrid
- Urban Hotel Madrid