Stayed here in November. Here is what I think:
- Friendly personell;
- Clean rooms;
- Super location;
- Beds firm and in good condition.
- Small rooms;
- View non-existant (my room was facing the emergency staircase);
- Smells of incense sticks;
- Breakfast selection disappointing (no regional specialties, no warm stuff - you need to know what to ask for);
- WiFi 90 minutes free per day; free internet connection with cable; otherwise quite pricey.
- If you bring your computer, ask for a cable at the reception;
- Have breakfast outside of the hotel in any of the nice little coffee shops/bars;
- Taxi from the Airport is around 25 EUR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grand luxury five-star hotel located in the very heart of Madrid, in the museum triangle formed by the Museo del Prado, the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and the Queen Sofia Foundation and just a few minutes away from Paseo del Prado, Puerta del Sol and El Retiro park.Located in a newly constructed building in the heart of the financial, political, commercial and cultural centre of Madrid, the Hotel Urban won't fail to catch your interest.With a marked Art-Deco style and opting for avant-garde architecture, the Hotel Urban is a boutique hotel from the 21st century, urban, design and ideal for exacting lovers of luxury who shy from conventionality. A charming, modern design hotel that has already become a point of reference. It stands out not only in the hotel panorama but also among Madrid's dining establishments and nighttime entertainment venues thanks to Europa Decó and the Glass Bar.Services102 guest rooms: 78 superior rooms, 10 junior suite duplex, 5 junior suites, 8 suites, and 1 duplex loft suiteEuropa Decó gastronomic restaurantGlass Bar oyster barLa Terraza del Urban cocktail barEl Cielo del UrbanBreakfast buffetBreakfast until 1.00 pm24-hour room service and mini-barWi-Fi in all areasBusiness centreFunction rooms and spaces for events: Nagha room, Khemer room, Nefer room, Egyptian Museum, lobby/atrium, terrace-pool and suite 132Outdoor swimming pool and solariumGymEgyptian MuseumCollection of ancient artParkingLaundry and ironing serviceDisabled accessSmall dogs allowed ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Derby Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Urban reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madrid Urban Hotel
- Hotel Urban Madrid
- Urban Hotel Madrid