“good service though lacks something”
Review of Hotel Urban

Hotel Urban
Ranked #24 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The rooms are highly designed, location is great and the service is very good. However, you are left with a feeling that something just isn't right for a 5 star hotel. It could be the broken lift, lack of complimentary wifi or the atmosphere in the bar.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
DireccionDerbyHotels, Subdirector at Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest:

In the first instance, I want to thank you for expressing us your observations about the services of our Hotel during your stay.

The opinion of our clients is extremely important to us, as it makes us to improve our services continually. I can assure you that we will endeavour to improve matters as quickly as we can.

I would like to inform you that the hotel has cable connection free in all rooms.

We have also a hospitality desk available free of charge for our customers during 24 hours.

Also you have wifi connection free during 90 minutes per day.

With respect to the comment of the elevator, I hope that you understand that it was a momentary fault and nothing attributable to the hotel. With the atmosphere of the bar I don't know exactly what you mean.

I sincerely hope that your next stay at the our hotel will be extremely pleasant, I will personally take care to ensure it.

I remain at your entire disposal.

Antonio Martin
Subdirector

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Urban for three nights for my birthday in late September.

Very friendly greeting on arrival and the complimentary glasses of champagne were a nice surprise.

Our room was overlooking the main road, but it was very well soundproofed. The room was excellent.

We used both the glass bar and the rooftop terrace. Both were pricey, but no more than you'd expect for a hotel like this in an excellent location.

Would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone considering it.

• Stayed: September 2012
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director General at Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such a good comment about the service and in general about the hotel.

All the staff is happy to read we are doing a good job and we have made you feel comfortable in your stay at hotel .

We hope to see you again.

Best regards,

Felix Garcia Hernan

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stated here for four nights in the summer.

Excellent hotel, clean & well maintained rooms.

Service was good and the breakfast was also good value with adequate choice.

Swimming pool is very small and had limited loungers. The bar next to the pool is a nice setting.

Only 30 mins free wifi every 24 hours is quite irritating given the cost of the room. Unclear why this is not always free?

Welcome glass of champagne & a fresh rose every day are nice touches.
Good location for sites.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We arrived after 29 hrs of flying to a wonderful and warming reception. They have multilingual staff that explain the property and offer you welcoming drink. The room was delightful and the rooftop with pool and gym were lovely. The location is terrific! We got the airport bus which took us to Seville Metro station, one block from the hotel and 5 Euro. Walk down the hill to to lovely cafes for breakfast, fast and cheap! Good coffee. Two blocks from Puerta del Sol and in walking distance of everything! Awesome beginning to our Spain exploration.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alison T

Dear Guest,

We hope to see you again.

Best regards,

Felix Garcia Hernan

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful six night stay at the Urban Hotel in the centre of Madrid. What made the stay so wonderful?
The hotel is in a great location, the staff were very courteous and professional (not stuffy which can sometimes be the case in 5 star hotels), the hotel is very modern and clean and overall it was just a very nice place to stay whilst we visited Madrid. One of the reasons for staying at Urban was the presence of a rooftop pool. Although the pool area is relatively small, there are other areas where guests can secure a lounger and generally relax.We used the rooftop area on 6 of the days we stayed in Madrid, therefore some living proof that it was a nice place to relax! Other benefits of this hotel is the free use of internet in hotel lobby, free glass of champagne on arrival - we thought that this was a lovely touch.It was just a very cool hotel to stay at whilst visiting in Madrid. One minor negative was the price of 2 bottles of beer at the rooftop bar - it was 20 euros. I like the fact that the hotel had a bit of an exclusive feel, but for me that is a touch too pricey and resorted to us leaving the bar for other more reasonably priced venues. Overall - Madrid is a top city and we are so glad we decided to stay at Urban - Thanks to all hotel staff for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kevtee74
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director General at Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just came back from Madrid staying at Urban Hotel. I read the reviews before we booked sounded excellent..but after two nights I now have mix feelings. I liked the location and an artchitectural design very much, staff were very helpful however few things although they may appear minor were enough to irritate and annoye us....
- the way closet doors open and close blocks the way makes it very difficult(in fact impossible) the second person to move around in a already small area..

-wifi use through special daily user name and password as well as 90 min limit....certainly is not 21 century and 5 star GL standard at all !!!

-fitness room is also not 5 star, in fact it is almost a joke...

I am not sure if I would go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank echappe
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights at the Urban hotel and we absolutely loved it!
From the moment we arrived the staff couldn't do enough to help us.
We weren't sure of where everything was located in Madrid, as it was a last minute trip and we hadn't done our homework!
On mentioning that we needed to get a map, the man at reception (tall, dark hair) provided us with one and went through all the must see places and drew the exact locations on the map for us. He was so lovely and it was great to find out where everything was. (He was also the person that checked us out and couldn't have been more helpful.)
Complimentary glasses of champagne on arrival was such a lovely touch, and a great start to our holiday.
The pool was stunning, and the staff on the rooftop terrace were also great, and served you drinks wherever you were sat, including by the pool.
Our room and bathroom were gorgeous, we found the bed so comfortable and discovered that we had an electronic blackout blind when our beds were turned down - amazing!
I would definitely recommend this hotel and if we go to Madrid again soon, I will definitely be staying there again.
Thanks to all the staff at the Urban for making our trip so memorable!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple