Hotel Urban
$267
$257
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Catalonia Plaza Mayor(Madrid)
$347
Agoda.com
$259
getaroom.com
2,132 results
All reviewsglass barduplex roomfree glass of champagnegreat hotelrooftop poolcool hotelstar hotelturn down servicemodern designwalking distanceperfect locationthe ground floorreception staffplaza mayorpuerta del soltapasprado museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed one night in the Urban hotel in central Madrid, apart from the attempt to charge for the WiFi I found everything else to be good. Why do 5* hotels feel the need to charge you 15 euro for WiFi when the Starbucks around the corner are giving it away for free ?? The room was ok, disappointed not to find BBC or CNN for some English language news, staff were all nice and friendly. All in all a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director General at Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Guest:

In the first instance, I want to thank you for expressing us your observations about the services of our Hotel during your stay.

The opinion of our clients is extremely important to us, as it makes us to improve our services continually. I can assure you that we will endeavour to improve matters as quickly as we can.

I would like to inform you that the hotel has cable connection free in all rooms.

We have also a hospitality desk available free of charge for our customers during 24 hours.

Also you have wifi connection free during 90 minutes per day.

I sincerely hope that your next stay at the our hotel will be extremely pleasant, I will personally take care to ensure it.

I remain at your entire disposal.
Yours sincerely,

Félix García

Reviewed August 4, 2012

The Hotel Urban is a deluxe boutique hotel, centrally located within walking distance of major attractions, yet on a quiet street. It is beautifully appointed with exceptionally competent, helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly staff and service. Room was well laid out with beds, couch, desk, and walk-in closet and very quiet with blackout shades. Bathroom was spectacular with rain shower, separate bath, and toilet separate from the bathing area. Beds were extremely comfortable. The roof-top pool, and sometimes crowded, was a great treat in the late afternoon heat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such a good comment about the service and in general about the hotel.

All the staff is happy to read we are doing a good job and we have made you feel comfortable in your stay at hotel .

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Super Nice Trendy hotel! Over the past 2 years I have stayed numerous times and has become my 1st choice in Madrid. Staff is very friendly, rooms are great - roof top lounge & pool are perfect (when not crowded as it's very, very small:)
Love the location as neighboorhood has lots of restaurants as is central to anywhere you want to go in the city.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank luvsundbeach
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director General at Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Reviewed July 31, 2012

As a Spaniard accustomed to living in New York City, I am always quite critical (and skeptical) of hotels back in Spain. Having travelled a great deal throughout the world, I know a good hotel when I see one. I was in Madrid this past weekend reconnecting with friends and read no reviews of the Urban Hotel before booking. I remember walking past it last year and thinking to myself that I NEEDED to stay there. The glass bar, the ultra-chic, ultra-modern entrance, and the lovely maitre'd at the front were enough for me to know that this was the hotel where I wanted to stay. My boyfriend and I booked a simple room (although junior suites are available), and enjoyed a complimentary set of cocktails at the bar the minute we arrived. Our room was impeccable with a view of the adjacent street, complete with automatic blinds and dimming lights. The welcome staff was very warm, welcoming, and treated us as if we were regulars. I left my favorite pair of shoes in the room, and the hotel was so kind as to package them for me and ship them overnight to my home! I am definitely staying here during my next visit to Madrid. Oh and one more thing: THEY HAVE A POOL!!! Such a welcoming oasis with a view of Madrid's old Hapsburg neighborhood rooftops that includes a bar and exclusive upstairs outdoor patio with lounge chairs :)

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. If you are traveling with a great deal of luggage, choose the junior suite. We loved our simple room, but should have chosen the junior suite considering the amount of luggage we had.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mo V

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a super clean trendy Boutique hotel with all the ammenities that you require, the rooms arent massive, But I have to say the room has all the little luxuries with added touches, and being right in this stunning city, exploring was fun and very safe, the waether was great so the pool was such a added treat to relax in the hot sun after a great day out sighseeing, the Museums ( Paseo Del Arte ) was just stunning with outstanding pieces of art it was so enjoyable, and treat yourself to a city bus tour, its a great way to see just how beautiful the city truly is, and the Buildings are amazing with exquisite Architecture, and in the centre of the city is a wonderful large park with a boat lake, you can hire the boats and enjoy the water or walk through the park, it has lovely little cafes with yummy treats and great coffees, and at every corner you can listen to people playing various music, its so enjoyable, the nightlife is very varied so you have everything if you want it, for us it was great just to sit back and enjoy great food whilst sitting in the spotless avenues, people watching, just magic. the breakfast at the hotel was great with an all fresh choice, and a busy funky cocktail bar, with lovely helpful happy staff happy to help you with information,

Room Tip: Make sure whilst booking you get a room with a Window, that can open as some of the rooms dont have this, and if you are afraid of heights, close your eyes as there is a funky glass elevator,
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple