“Clean, modern and great location”

Quatro Puerta del Sol Hotel
Ranked #176 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
“Clean, modern and great location”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed three nights at the hotel after finding it through a Groupon offer. It was excellent value and the location was, as other reviewers have stated, very central and convenient for all the main Madrid sites. I visited with my adult daughter, and as it was a special offer, I hadn't specified a room requirement, but as soon as we arrived we were asked if we would prefer a twin room. We also received a very acceptable bottle of wine as a welcome. Our room was clean and airy, despite the searing heat outside we didn't need the air con as high! Only real niggle was that the bathroom has a (frosted) glass door that doesn't close/lock - fine if you're happy to share your bodily functions!
Excellent WiFi coverage throughout the hotel, actually the free WiFi throughout Madrid is very comprehensive. Our room was next to the lift shaft and was quite noisy, but not as noisy as the party of teenage Spanish schoolgirls who descended on our second day.
Breakfast was very good, once I'd mastered the coffee machine and got it to produce something like a good strong coffee! The tortilla and the pastries were particularly good but not so keen on the aforementioned teenagers all coming down to breakfast in their sleepwear!
I'll certainly stay here again, I'm actually looking at booking it for a romantic break with my husband to celebrate my birthday in the autumn.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-5 are the noisier ones on each floor - by the lift and stairs and on the busier street.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Location was excellent, close to everything and the metro. Room was clean and the staff were most helpful. The desk staff provided us with excellent restaurant recommendations and were most helpful by offering suggestions and how to get from one location to another. The street is a bit busy, so if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room on the quieter side. Our travel agent had suggested this hotel and I would strongly recommend it if you want to be in the center of everything and able to walk to most everything!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband & I stayed for 6 nights over June/July, we paid extra for a room with a terrace which was wasted due to the heat. Best thing about the hotel was the location, walking distance to just about everything. Was also very convenient to pop back to the hotel duing siesta time between 2 and 5 when the whole town closes and goes to sleep. We only caught the metro twice, even then either Sol, or Sevilla are a very short walk away. Plenty of restaurants to choose from at your doorstep, or wonder a it further towards Cheuca or nearby plaza st Ana for great vibe. Was very noisy when trying to sleep on Friday night and also Saturday night, but if you close the windows it does blackout the noise.
The shower was a bit awkward to get in and out as it doubles as a spa and one has to step into the bath to shower. Not suitable for those that are not so agile. Also tiles are a bit stained and grubby. Lady at desk was helpful with instructions on how to get to Toledo. Would recommend the hotel mainly due to the location.

Room Tip: Choose room on higher level due to street noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

There were 3 of us staying in one room, and the from reading the other views, we must have been lucky and had one of the largest rooms because there was ample space for us. Room was very clean, and the location was great - walking distance of all the main tourist attractions, but also very close to the metro and the hop on-hop off bus. We stayed for 4 nights, and the first 2 nights were a bit noisy outside, but we were at the front of the hotel and it was Friday and Saturday. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, as it was much cheaper to eat elsewhere; there were loads of places close by to eat. One of the receptionists is worth mentioning as he was lovely (to my shame I don't know his name, but has very short hair!) and very pleasant and really helpful. Would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a corner room at the front, which had ample space for 3 of us in single beds.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
dublin
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Spent 2 nights here, family of five in two rooms. Beds not particularly comfortable but other than that no other complaints. Clean and Quiet with a decent breakfast. Got a great deal through Groupon. Hotel is in the perfect location to explore central Madrid.

Room Tip: pick a room to the front on one of the higher floors to ensure peace
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is fine, its in a great location, it's clean, the staff are friendly but if you want a good night's sleep, either bring earplugs or avoid it.

I asked for a quiet room, which was provided, a corner room on the back street which suited me fine. My first surprise was when my neighbor took a shower, sounded like a waterfall in my room. It only got worse, when the very loved-up couple next door "enjoyed the facilities", most notably the bed. We've all heard these noises from the next room before but I got full, graphic details of this couples most intimate moment. The walls are paper thin and I can't believe how much I heard before shoving earphones into my ears and putting a pillow over my head to drown out the noise.

Throughout the night you can hear all of the street noise and then hear the rubbish collection in the morning.

It is a shame because it is a nice hotel in a great spot but I value my sleep which is why I would not return nor recommend it for others who also value their sleep.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs, ask for a room on a high level and away from the main street.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kirsty H
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The moderate price and GREAT location puts this hotel on a short list of places to consider when visiting Madrid. I'm sure there are other hotels with more ammenities (this place had no rooftop pool, fitness center, etc.) but that may not be important to others. The location was unbeatable, every attraction and neighrborhood worth seeing is close walking distance. The size of the room was very small, the smallest of the 3 hotels we stayed in while on a 10 day trip around Spain. Maybe it was because we had a room on the end of the hallway, it was shaped like a "V" and very tough to maneuver around the room. The bed was hard too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple