I stayed three nights at the hotel after finding it through a Groupon offer. It was excellent value and the location was, as other reviewers have stated, very central and convenient for all the main Madrid sites. I visited with my adult daughter, and as it was a special offer, I hadn't specified a room requirement, but as soon as we arrived we were asked if we would prefer a twin room. We also received a very acceptable bottle of wine as a welcome. Our room was clean and airy, despite the searing heat outside we didn't need the air con as high! Only real niggle was that the bathroom has a (frosted) glass door that doesn't close/lock - fine if you're happy to share your bodily functions!
Excellent WiFi coverage throughout the hotel, actually the free WiFi throughout Madrid is very comprehensive. Our room was next to the lift shaft and was quite noisy, but not as noisy as the party of teenage Spanish schoolgirls who descended on our second day.
Breakfast was very good, once I'd mastered the coffee machine and got it to produce something like a good strong coffee! The tortilla and the pastries were particularly good but not so keen on the aforementioned teenagers all coming down to breakfast in their sleepwear!
I'll certainly stay here again, I'm actually looking at booking it for a romantic break with my husband to celebrate my birthday in the autumn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historical, cultural and Shopping area of Madrid. Inside the landmark triangle formed by the Puerta del Sol, Alcala Street and Gran Via Street, surrounded by the best restaurants, shopping and entertainment areas. The hotel is one of expressions of most unique design of Madrid. A majestic building of the early 20th century, whose decoration has been designed by Tomas Alia, one of the most popular and recognized Rooms Designers in Spain. 62 Double rooms, four of those are Superior with private terrace, and one Junior Suite. All of those are exterior, perfectly soundproofed, with natural light, individual air-conditioning, Minibar, business area, Free WIFI, work desk, free safety box. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Quatro Puerta del Sol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quo Puerta Del Sol Hotel Madrid
- Quo Puerta Del Sol Madrid