We visited Madrid during Easter, stayed 4 nights there.
- location is excellent close to restaurants, bars, sites, shopping, supermarkets, TAXIs and metro.
- Wi-fi signal was perfect, we stayed in 1st floor.
- the staff was helpful in general (some of them looked bored though)
- we did not have a single issue/ problem there
- breakfast was ok, a variety to choose
- room size was average.
- some strange smell in the room
- the WC door! Glass door that does NOT seal 100% when it closes as it's open from both "ends".
- brekfast room was small and can get "busy"
- the maid probable made a prank after cleaning and had the air-condition temperature on 30 C (outside was 12 - 15 C). We woke up in the middle of the night to realize that we couldn't breathe and switched it off.
- room and bathroom could have been a bit cleaner, but no major issues.
- it could get noisy from the street especially if you stay in lower floors you will feel it.
Would definitely stay there again due to the location, however we might like to explore some other hotel next time. Be sure to book a hotel near "Sol" and "Plaza Mayor, that's the city center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historical, cultural and Shopping area of Madrid. Inside the landmark triangle formed by the Puerta del Sol, Alcala Street and Gran Via Street, surrounded by the best restaurants, shopping and entertainment areas. The hotel is one of expressions of most unique design of Madrid. A majestic building of the early 20th century, whose decoration has been designed by Tomas Alia, one of the most popular and recognized Rooms Designers in Spain. 62 Double rooms, four of those are Superior with private terrace, and one Junior Suite. All of those are exterior, perfectly soundproofed, with natural light, individual air-conditioning, Minibar, business area, Free WIFI, work desk, free safety box. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Quatro Puerta del Sol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quo Puerta Del Sol Hotel Madrid
- Quo Puerta Del Sol Madrid