Eurostars Suites Mirasierra
Ranked #117 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra
A modern suite hotel 15 minutes from the Madrid International Airport and right on the city metro system. The hotel runs a shuttle to and from the airport as required but a taxi would not be a great expense. The Mirasierra is located in a newer outer suburban part of the city's north and sits among modern commercial and apartment buildings. A large shopping mall is ten minutes on foot from the hotel. The traveller is 25 minutes from the centre of Madrid using the metro.
Suites are modern, well laid out and quite spacious. Cleanliness and the maintenance of the hotel are of a high standard. Like many Sheraton properties the beds are very comfortable and a good might's rest is assured. Hanging and cupboard space is abundant. A real plus for the long distance or long stay traveller.
Each staff member we encountered handled our lingual limitations with ease and was extremely helpful and attentive. We felt that they could not do enough for us. Our limited dining needs were well catered for in a style that befitted the standard of a fine hotel. The house red is 'to die for'.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barratt
Sheraton_Madrid, Director General at Eurostars Suites Mirasierra, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Barratt,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We are so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found our team to be helpful and attentive. I will share your generous words with my team who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

We are especially happy to read that you describe our Hotel as a gem and you find our spacious and comfortable rooms to be a real plus for the long distance or long stay traveller. As you mentioned, our “Sweet Sleeper Beds” are designed to provide a placid rest. Our rooms have a minimum of 60 sqm and include a separate bedroom, living area, marble bathroom with an independent dressing space and a fully equipped work space.

Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Madrid

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I am currently staying in the Sheraton Mirrasierra for 4 nights on business and, despite it being a beautiful hotel, the fact that basic facilities such as gym and pool access and WiFi are not included in the already expensive room price has totally ruined the experience for me. They cost almost €20 per day to use. I regularly stay in Sheraton hotels in other cities too but this poor experience will make me reconsider my future choices. Apart from that the staff are lovely and seemed disappointed not be able to facilitate my request. The revenue manager is sacrificing customer loyalty for short term revenue gain, which to me does not make business sense.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank yhprume
Sheraton_Madrid, Director General at Eurostars Suites Mirasierra, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear yhprume,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa.

We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Guest’s opinions are certainly one of our best tools in order to improve.

As regards your comments about the WIFI and gym access, I would like to take the opportunity to inform you that these services are included in all our room fees with the exception of those for the Deluxe Suites as it appears in our web page. However the access to our outdoor swimming pool is open and free of charges for all our Guests (during the summer).

We highly appreciate your comments regarding our staff. We will share your generous words with our team who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Arriving tired from travelling from Valencia, the front desk did not make things any better. None of the reception staffs were smiling and they give very short and awkward answers when we asked questions regarding the rooms and city. The room was big but the decor were slightly outdated. When we called room service for more milk, it took them 15-20 minutes to arrive and had to be reminded once.

During our checkout, the front desk staffs did not bother smiling one bit nor did they offer to carry our bags to the car. A big let down from an SPG hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dr_Ingky,

We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is always our intention to offer our guests the most efficient, personalized and professional attention possible and therefore I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for not having met your expectations on this particular occasion.

We have taken note of your comments and we hope that you will allow us to regain your trust.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and daughter for 4 days on our first visit to Madrid. We wanted a hotel with pool and leisure facilities and were not disappointed.This means you have to be outside the city and travel in. The staff are very courteous and efficient and seem genuine which is rare in a 5 star hotel. I sent an email asking that my daughter be allowed to check in as she was arriving before us and when she arrived they greeted her by name! That was a nice touch.Airport transfers were excellent and bang on time. We had a club suite which was well worth the money with free nibles and drinks all day in the club lounge. The coffee machine in our kitchen area wasn't working but was replaced within 5 minutes which was typical of the efficient service throughout. Staff on the front desk were very helpful advising us on how to get about Madrid by bus and metro which was very easy with the 133 bus taking you in to central Madrid and back in about 20 mins and for only €1.50 The pool and garden areas were clean and the day beds were very welcoming after a hard days sightseeing. Bar prices were a bit cheeky with Gin and tonic at €16!!! We could have had a different make gin at €11 but weren't told this. We drank in the club lounge or in the bar down the road after this. We chose to have breakfast in the main restaurant as the club lounge choice was a bit limited. All in all this is a great hotel for relaxing near the city and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Club room is good value.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Geraint Jones
Sheraton_Madrid, Director General at Eurostars Suites Mirasierra, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Geraint Jones,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa. We are also grateful for the nice pictures and for the time to share your recent experience on www.tripadvisor.com.

We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and found our facilities and service efficient and helpful. I have ensured your comments are shared with the team. We are especially delighted to read that you will stay with us again when you visit Madrid in the future.

Thank you for trusting us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon at Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was really impressed with the Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa. The lobby, the pool area and the rooms (especially my suite) were extraordinary! The check-in (front desk) agents were very attentive and seemed interested in getting to know me. My suite was very clean and I had an amazing view of Madrid and the pool area. I ate dinner at one of the hotel's restaurants and could not have been happier with the hamburguesas de ternero (mini burgers). I only stayed here for a night since I left to Granada the next morning but my experience in those short few hours were very pleasant. I was also picked up from the Madrid Barajas airport upon arrival at no extra cost, which was a very nice touch. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_Madrid, Director General at Eurostars Suites Mirasierra, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear geomazing,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found our service and facilities extraordinary. We are especially pleased to learn that you will stay with us again.

We look forward to seeing you once again when your travels next bring you to Madrid.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

If you are staying in Madrid, this hotel is a great pick. It is not in the center of town but it is easily accessible by bus and metro -of course by taxi in a safe, pleasant out of the hustle and bustle of the center. It is also close by to a shopping center where you have many choices for food and stores to interact with the local inhabitants of Madrid. The shopping center of 'La Vaguada' also has a postal center from where you can send your postcards to your family and friends.
The staff was quite friendly and helpful, so much so that we decided to make this hotel our headquarters in Spain. We came back to it three times during our Summer vacation as we travel back and forth to different places throughout Spain and France.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Sheraton_Madrid, Director General at Eurostars Suites Mirasierra, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear globoterraqueo,

We would like to thank you for your recent review on www.tripadvisor.com.

We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and found our team to be friendly and helpful. We are especially pleased to learn that you have decided to make our Hotel your headquarters in Spain. Thank you for nice words about our staff and our location.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Sheraton in late August with my husband and 2 young children (8 and 6).

The Sheraton is based in Madrid suburbia - which we personally found a little too far from the city centre with the little ones. It was a good 25 mins from the centre by Metro (short walk away).

Entrance and lobby look exactly like what you'd expect a mainstream business hotel to look like. Staff - professional yet friendly! 3 computers with free Internet access available in the pristine lobby.

There is a beautiful spa and outdoor pool (manned by a lifeguard). Very friendly chap at the bar. Pool is clean, deep enough and fun for the kids.

The rooms are much bigger than you would ordinarily expect (main reason why we chose it!) and comes with a small but neat kitchenette area consisting of a microwave/oven, sink, small fridge (actual fridge - doubles as a minibar) and a coffee machine!
Plenty plenty plenty of space to place the two extra beds for my kids, dining table, changing room, full separate bath, nice shower and separate toilet. As you would expect, big clean, comfy beds (even the extra ones) and lovely soft clean white heavy cotton sheets. All in all - very clean and very comfortable.

I agree with reviewers - WATCH THE BILL!!!! They don't half like to sneak things on! My husband is a regular business traveller and we are used to 5* hotels and their charges - nonetheless - €81 has snuck onto our bill as we speak! Who knows what for? Rest assured - it's being challenged (update! Successful challenge - now gone!)

As is the norm, the cost of anything in the hotel is nothing short of astronomical. €25 for breakfast (per person?). The restaurant "Verdil" might rank highly in tripadvisor - but to date - i have seen nobody in it.... unsurprising when a starter can cost €10. And a main €20 (and this is me being conservative!). ....Personally, I have no shame in walking through the posh hotel lobby carrying my shopping bags laden from the well stocked supermarket 5 mins walk away - turn left and walk down the road! Robert Parker Ranked bottle of wine €3.55... Result!

As a professional, I am used to business hotels around the world and would say this is a shy below 5*. Phenomenal 4* but not 5. It's the little things that pull down the standard .... No piano entertainment ... but beautiful piano in reception (sorry I am a pianist and I notice these things...), toilet roll holder not working well in spa toilet, soap dispensers not full in spa, visibly scratched items/fittings in room and above all... The shower head that gets in the way of the shower door, rubbish not always collected, the "we didn't change your linen at your request" (REALLY! When did i get a choice! At these prices - change them daily please!).

However - these are minor details because overall - it IS a good hotel which I'm happy to recommend... Just be on your guard!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Trixilita,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa. We are also grateful for the beautiful picture that you have shared and for the time spent in writting your comments in www.tripadvisor.com.

We are especially pleased to learn that you will recommend our Hotel and that you enjoyed our spacious rooms that provide the opportunity to accommodate the whole family. As you mentioned, our Hotel is in a quiet area but it is perfectly connected to the centre of Madrid. We are close to the subway station and there is a bus stop on the doorstep directly connected to Gran Via, the cultural heart of the city, a stone’s trow from Cibeles, Paseo del Prado and the Retiro Park.

Concerning your comments about the programme “Make a Green Choice”, please, allow me to inform you that it is a costumer election whether to participate or not. At Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra, we understand the importance of environmental stewardship; this is the reason why we want to share with you the following information about environment care programme: http://www.starwoodpromos.com/sheratongreenchoice/

Regarding your comments about the error in your receipt, I would like to apologize for any difficulty this situation must have caused.