Have you ever wondered if the hotel reviews you read are really from travellers stayed at the hotel? If somebody writes "no WiFi" and you actually find when you are there that the hotel offers a highspeed WiFi service for all your devices (laptop, smartphone etc.) was the review really from a hotel guest or a competitor hotel that tries to ruin the other hotel?
Well I am currently at the High Tech Hotel in Madrid and enjoying my stay. I pay 69.99 EUR per night including breakfast and WiFi (room 402).
What I like
+ Free shuttle from the Madrid airport (just call and they pick you up)
+ Free WiFi for all your devices (not limited to one device as in other hotels)
+ Clean rooms with a king size bed
+ Nice spacious bathrooms with a fancy shower, bidet and toilet
+ Quiet setup in a residential neighborhood with no major roads around it
+ Free home trainer provided in the room (see pictures)
+ Very friendly service people going up and beyond
+ Read drinking glasses (not the cheap plastic cups you find in other budget hotels)
+ Flatscreen TV with many Spanish and some international channels
+ Two fast elevators
+ Pool and relaxation area outside (in summer)
+ Air conditioning in the rooms (not standard in cheaper hotels)
+ Free Dell laptop in the room for Internet (!)
+ Free hot breakfast and yummi
What I don't like that much
- the shower is "high tech" but if a German engineer cannot figure out how to turn it on there is something wrong :)
- Dinner really is mediocre at the hotel - small portions and what I ate was never ever a Sirloin steak (though paid 19 EUR)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Petit Palace Madrid Aeropuerto is 5 minutes from Madrid-Barajas airport. It offers a free shuttle service with limited hours. Hotel amenities include a swimming pool and a seasonal outdoor terrace, gym and sauna access. Rooms include a laptop and free Wi-Fi is available in all areas. Rooms at the Madrid Aeropuerto have elegant modern decor and hardwood floors. They all include 26-inch LCD satellite TV, air conditioning/ heating, minibar and a free laptop safe. All bathrooms are fully equipped and include hydro-massage shower and toiletries kit. Guests can have a buffet breakfast and there is a coffee machine with varied pastries throughout the day, for an extra cost. The cafeteria and room service are available during limited hours. The hotel has covered parking for guests with special rates for longer stays, 3 meeting rooms with Internet access and two free Internet access points for clients. IFEMA Trade Fair Centre and Palacio de Congresos are just 5 km from the Petit Palace Madrid Aeropuerto. Alameda de Osuna Metro station is just 300 metres away, and connects you to Madrid city centre in around 20 minutes. Real Madrid's training grounds at Valdedebas are 5.8 Km away. The shuttle service to the airport runs every day from 06.00 To 11.00 And from 20.30 To 23.00. Guests must call the hotel upon arrival at the airport. The parking costs 7.50€ Per day TAX Incl. Reservation is needed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Petit Palace Madrid Aeropuerto Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.