Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center
Only YOU Hotels
$222
$215
2,100 results
All reviewshuge hotelclose to the airportthe executive loungemadrid airportfree shuttlelobby barshuttle servicestayed here for one nighthotel shuttlepublic transportationcity centrerooms are comfortabletapastaxicongresseuropegym
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Except on this second stay, we chose the presidential suite! The price of the presidential suite at this hotel has comparable price to dumpy 3 star regular room in Manhattan or even Madrid city center. This suite had a huge room with conference table and a large flat screen television. We highly recommend this room anytime you need to stay or need to have a business meeting. At mid day, the hotel staff brought us a nice plate of Jamon Serrano and manchego cheese with a side of exquisite fruit. The large bedroom off of the conference room had a king size bed and another large flat screen television. Check out the hotel pictures, it accurately reflects the quality of the room. As I indicated in my last review of the hotel, you certainly cannot find any room anywhere in Madrid with same ratio of quality to price and the amenities included. Indoor pool, sauna, conference rooms, piano bar etc. WARNING, do NOT use the provided razors, especially if you have a meeting in the hotel, you will go to your conference a bloody mess, looking as if you came out of a war. I dropped one star just for the razors, it reflects poorly on the hotel to provide such low quality razors. Better that they aren't even in the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Hotel A, Social Media Marketing at Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear client, we are so glad you had such a good experience in our presidential suite.
Regading the razors I will immediately report this to the housekeeping department.
Thank you for sharing with us your experience and opinion about things that may be improved.
Hope to see you back again.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Rooms (especially the bathroom) had a very strong chemical smell, and were very warm even with the thermostat turned all the way to cold. Lobby bar staff was friendly, and shuttle was prompt. Would not recommend any type of extended stay. Nothing to do at or near the hotel, if you need a place just to sleep you could make due.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Hotel A, Social Media Marketing at Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear client, we are sorry the smell and temperature in your room was not pleasant, we will let the housekeeping department know in order not to happen again. We are happy you found the Lobby Bar and shuttle friendly and prompt.
Within the hotel there is an indoor swimming pool, sauna and some other facilities you can enjoy. Apart from that you can take the shuttle and ask the driver to drive you to the Plenilunio, a mall located near the hotel.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We checked into this hotel for one night as we arrived at Barajas Airport late in the evening and didnt want to travel far to our hotel for the rest of our stay. The free shuttle bus was great, with friendly staff and was very efficient, both too and from the airport. The foyer in the hotel is very nice and the staff friendly. The pool was ok, indoors at the time of our visit, and the sauna seemed to have been just dumped at the bottom of the stairs, but again was still acceptable. The main criticism from my stay here was the price of the food. We ordered room service when we arrived as there is not much near by, and whilst the service was very good the food was ridiculously overpriced. Other than that, I would recommend a stay here to be near to the airport, however not to see the sights of Madrid.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel A, Social Media Marketing at Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Adam, we are glad to hear our shuttle service was very useful for your needs. We are also happy to see you enjoyed our facilities.
We are sorry you did not like the price of the food, next time we suggest you try our Lobby Bar or our Restaurant to see different prices and products.
Thank you for your words, this encourages us to keep working hard focused on our clients' need.
Looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Last day of our Spanish vacation and I chose this hotel because it had good Tripadvisor reviews and because it's CLOSE TO THE AIRPORT. They also have a FREE AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICE. I considered cancelling this before arriving because we enjoyed the hotel we first stayed, but Hotel Auditorium didn't give the option of cancelling--but this wasn't a bad thing after all. Long line at the front desk when we got there. This place is like an auditorium because it's spacious with a whole lot of rooms. It's like a big-box store of hotels designed for large groups and it's purportedly one of the biggest in Europe. The hotel even boasts some works of art and a tennis court on the roof. The toiletries were nice although their complimentary cologne was too watered down to bother packing and instead I dumped it into toilet to freshen up the bathroom. Not being able to cancel the reservation turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Room Tip: ~Make sure your shower head is aimed down because hotels in Spain tend not to have full shower curtains/guards.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Hotel A, Social Media Marketing at Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear John, we are so glad to hear the experience in the hotel turned out so well.
Hope you could handle all right the shower head adventure ;)
Looking forward to seeing you back soon,

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed here not by choice but because the company I work for use this hotel as its convenient for the airport. The rooms are quite outdated but nice and clean and spacious. The windows in the rooms can be opened which is a big plus. The rooms now have both free ethernet and wifi.

The general service at this hotel is poor, the staff are somewhat friendly but depending on who you get, are not efficient. I stayed twice and both times the queues at check in were long and there were only 2 staff to check people in (bearing in mind that the hotel is one of the biggest in europe). When I went to check out I had apx 5 mins till my shuttle bus was due to leave and I was in full uniform on my way to work. I had my key and check in card ready to hand in but there was a queue of about 5-6 people. I just quickly said to the receptionist 'can I just leave my key here, I have no charges' and he said back to me in Spanish that I had to join the back of the queue. There was no express checkout option. I was going to miss my bus and be late for work had it not been for the fact that another colleague of mine was checking in, so luckily she checked out for me and I made it to time for work.

The shuttle bus itself is not great that takes you to the airport, you used to be able to reserve a seat for peace of mind but not you can not anymore, its a first come first serve basis, then the next bus is 30mins later. Almost every time I had to take the bus it left 5-10mins late as the driver was just having a chat with other drivers and friends outside. Many people on the bus were getting annoyed. The driver will also drop you off at the shopping centre (10mins max) which is a bonus (but you have to ask them too). If they forget to drop you off though it takes about 25mins more as you have to go and drop off and pick up pax form 3 of the terminals before you go back to the shopping centre. I left my room at 1225 one day and arrived at the shopping centre just before 2pm. The bus runs every 30mins except at 1230pm for some reason... Of course I was waiting for the 1230 bus which did not show...

Also one day the maid walked into my room without even knocking and I had just put my boxer shorts on luckily!

Overall I am not the biggest fan of this hotel not only because of its location and service but because of its high prices for food and drink while you are staying there, a salad costs about 15 euros and most main courses are 20-25 euros. The company I work for are changing this hotel soon and I think thats a good move...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mhcd_2000
Hotel A, Social Media Marketing at Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear client, we are happy to hear you liked the facilities. However we are sorry to see the services did not meet your expectations.
We have taken into acoount all your comments and will do our best to improve all areas where improvement may be found.
Thank you for sharing your comments with us.