“Business hotel, basic facilities, good service, near Airport”

Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #96 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed May 14, 2011

This is a big convention type hotel.
Rooms are spacious, but without wi fi, and modern TVs.There are no additional Services such as mini bar or movies available.Colleagues remarked that the fixed internet acess was slow but Idid not use it.There is free and fast wifi access in the lobby area.
There is a pool and leisure area which I did not visit, so cannot comment on same.

Staff were uniformly pleasant, professional and helpful.The food was very good, and a highlight of the visit.
Had a minor gripe that no power adapters were available to rent or purchase( suitable for UK/IRL)- someone always forgets to pack one, in this case, me.

It is a taxi ride to the city centre, which is fine. And it is very close to the airport.

Room Tip: Reception can be very helpful
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,981)

Reviewed May 12, 2011

The airport shuttle was the deciding factor in selecting this hotel and it was a miserable failure. It was unreliable thus causing us to take a taxi in order to get to the airport after it left us cooling our heels over an hour upon arrival. Hotel had poor Internet connectivity and food priced were exhorbitant and no other choices were available at this highway location.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 8, 2011

To start with we asked for an early check in as our flight from the US was arriving at 7am. When booking the hotel they said it shouldn't be a problem. When we arrived at 9am they said come back in 30 minutes. That soon became 2 hours. Finally, after interrupting the hotels staffs daily gossip one finally gruffly looked into the computer and found a room. Then when needing an iron to iron our clothes for work the next day they would not give us an iron but said we needed to use a service which charged 6.50 Euro per shirt!!!!

Not to mention this hotel is no where near Madrid so you need to either pay a hefty taxi ride or take a bus and two train stops to get to the center of Madrid.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank WWTravlerMN
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This hotel is close to the airport but a long and expensive way from teh city centre. It sits on an industrial estate and there is nowhere nearby to walk to. It is absolutely huge. My bedroom was very average. cheap lino floor and a rather weird smell. No tea or coffee making facilities.
Lots of odd artefacts in glass cases in the lobby. Almost felt like a film set for a surreal type film
Taxi into Madrid was 30 euro.
Would not choose to stay here again

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed here on the 23rd April and when I went into my room it smelled strongly of chemicals (and smoke). I opened a window and thought it strange that the cleaners would use such a harsh chemical, but I was tired and went to sleep.

The next morning I checked out really early 7am. By 7pm that night, I had itchy bites all over my arms and hands. I can only conclude that these are bedbug bites and that the room I was in had been sprayed, however, it had not worked. Not only are these bites itchy, I packed my bag on the bed so I am worried that I have brought them home with me. I stayed on the third floor overlooking the pool.

Bed bugs aside, the steak that I ordered from room service was the best steak I have ever eaten - I had it medium rare and it truly was amzaing. Expensive, but worth it. The restaurant is also expenisve but very nice. The cocktails in the cocktail bar werent really worth the 8 Euros.

I have emailed th ehotel about the bedbugs and am awaiting a reply. Most disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank melanieanne77
HotelAuditorium, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Dear Ms. Steven,

First of all , I want to tell you that we are very sorry for your concern, this is something absolutely unusual for us.

When we received your email we immediately called the company that deals with the pest control as they have a contract with us and they come here regulary to keep all this kind of pest out of the hotel.

They have come urgently and after reviewing the room you were staying and all the rooms of the same corridor, we can confirm you that no bugs were found in the rooms.

We do not know if when you open the window that night could enter some insect.

We hope you are well.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any query.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stayed at Auditorium Hotel in March 2011 with our baby, aged 4 months. We were a bit annoyed to find a very cold hotel room at our arrival, especially as there was snow the day we arrived.

My husband was attending a conference at the hotel, so we ended up there.
The room was ok and clean though. Too bad they did not make tea and coffee-making facilities. I had to warm my baby's bottle under the bathroom's tap!!! also, the mini-bar contained only water.

also, it seemed to me the walls were very thin as I could hear the person in the next room in the bathroom!

The breakfast buffet was ok, with quite a lot of choice. We did not have lunch and dinner there however. I went through the menu at their restaurant and for the room service. It was overpriced.

I went through the various reviews about this particular hotel prior to the departure. Yes I do confirm. Bring your own snacks!Which we did.

The hotel's bit far from the city centre but it's kinda quick if you have a car, say 15 minutes(if there no traffuc) to reach Prado Museum, for instance.

For the shopaholics, there's a shopping centre nearby.

I can't really complain much as it was a good value for money. The organisers of the conference paid for my husband, we only had to pay for an extra for me.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a congress. What a sad place. the minute I arrived i wanted to leave. far from the city center. breakfast area is also very sad. i do not recommend staying there.

• Stayed: February 2011