A lovely hotel in a great location, very central. It is on a busy street however but we stayed in an inside room overlooking the courtyard so was quiet on an evening. Staff are very friendly and there is everything you could want for breakfast. The room was spacious and very clean, perhaps the only thing extra we would have liked was tea/coffee facilities in the room but that is a small "niggle". We were travelling as a family of 3 and it was nice to see other families there too. Thoroughly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Moratin hotel, which opened its doors in August 2002, is conveniently situated near the famous Golden Triangle (the Prado Museum, the Thyssen Bornemisza Museum and the Reina Sofia Museum), adjacent to the historic nucleus of the city which includes the Puerta del Sol and the Plaza Mayor. It is only a few metres away from the Plaza Santa Ana, known to be one of the best places for tapas nationwide, and close to the most popular theatres in town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Catalonia Puerta del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Puerta Del Sol Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Moratin Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Moratin Madrid