This hotel ticks all the boxes for those looking for friendly and welcoming staff who provide an excellent service. Its also enjoys a great central location with easy access to a number of metro (underground) stations. However, the standard bedroom was pretty basic and lacked the comfort you would normally expect from a 4* hotel - but it was very clean and fine for just a two night stay over. The room was also a bit on the cool side. We had an internal facing room on the first floor - so we were not disturbed by traffic noise. But we did get noise on the first night from loud guests drinking in the bar/patio area - this though was more about individuals not having regard to others..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Moratin hotel, which opened its doors in August 2002, is conveniently situated near the famous Golden Triangle (the Prado Museum, the Thyssen Bornemisza Museum and the Reina Sofia Museum), adjacent to the historic nucleus of the city which includes the Puerta del Sol and the Plaza Mayor. It is only a few metres away from the Plaza Santa Ana, known to be one of the best places for tapas nationwide, and close to the most popular theatres in town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Puerta del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Puerta Del Sol Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Moratin Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Moratin Madrid