We stayed here with my wife for 2 nights. We left the hotel early in the morning and came back at night to sleep, so we didn't spend much time in the room. When in Madrid, who wants to spend time in a hotel room anyway? The room was clean and had basic furniture, but they were all ok. Compared to the hostels on the Gran Via, this was more quiet and without any hookers around. There was sometimes noise coming from the street. Free wireless was ok. We haven't tried the breakfast, so I cannot make any comments.
To summarize, I would suggest everyone to try places like this one instead of staying in other places on Gran Via. They are much more dangerous and noisier. You will spend 10-20 euros more but it's definitely worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- H. San Lorenzo has been recently remodelated on the most part of it's installations, situated in a beautiful historical and artistic building, everything is set up to make your stay unforgettable. We offer a vast array of rooms: single, double, triple, quadruple and familiar, all with their own ensuite full bathrooms and free wifi connection, wide windows to enjoy the spectacular views over Vazquez de Mella Square. Within our services are included transfer to the airport, optional breakfast, information service over serveral topics and, above all, a personal treatment from our multilingual receptionists and everyone in our personnel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hostal San Lorenzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal San Lorenzo Madrid
- Hostal San Lorenzo Hotel Madrid