Hotel Europa
Agoda.com
$294
$278
2,979 results
All reviewspuerta del solgreat locationrick stevespeople watchingoutdoor cafestreet performersplaza mayorcentral locationwithin walking distanceinterior roomroyal palacesol metro stationstay there againbalcony overlookinginner courtyardlight sleeperthe hotel staff
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is the best location to stay in Madrid. Period. Just bring earplugs. Most of the rooms are right on the Puerta Del Sol plaza, and when I say right on the plaza, I mean right on the plaza. Friday and Saturday nights last until 4am and earplugs are mandatory. But guess what? It's still worth the hassle of earplugs to be right in the middle of the action. All of the fantastic places and things to do are only a short stroll from the hotel. Metro, train, bus connections right there on the plaza. The staff was wonderful. Recommend you pass on the included breakfast at the hotel... The desk gives you a card each morning to take to the restaurant, but it only gets you a croissant, a roll with butter and jelly, a glass of juice, and a cup of coffee. They have a great menu of many hot dishes, so, I would skip the included breakfast and order off of the menu. I will return to this hotel on my next trip to Madrid!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SlotF16
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Walking into the lobby feels like a taste of Spanish history - the dark woods, the attentive staff, the attention to details. It is evident when you check in that the hotel wants you to have a very pleasant stay. We actually loved our room which overlooked the Puerta del Sol and provided an excellent view of the plaza and the always interesting people passing through. We were there on a Saturday night, and though the glass doors to the balcony were well insulated, we still heard a lot of noise. In all fairness to the hotel, it was a Saturday night and there had just been a large peaceful demonstration near the Congress building many blocks away. We actually enjoyed being right at the Plaza de Neptuno where many of the protesters were gathering. It was safe and the Spanish are very polite and friendly. They also know how to party late into the night - if not all night! Smiles!! We might have joined them if we had not had such an early flight the next day. We could also feel the subway shaking our room at various times and hear sirens throughout the night. I had earplugs so the noise was more manageable for me. Having said all of that, I would definitely stay here again but maybe ask for a quieter room. It's hard to give up that view though!!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you might want to ask for a quieter room such as overlooking the courtyard. Or you might want to pack a pair of ear plugs which is always a good idea anyway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank QueenOfHearts33
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I could not have been happier with our first look at Madrid and the Hotel Europa. It is everything it claims to be and I echo what others have said in positive reviews. Such a helpful and friendly staff, contemporary and perfectly immaculate rooms and baths, fabulous location on Puerta del Sol...everything is in walking distance. The adjoining restaurant is a perfect place for coffee and breakfast. It's such a great spot...hope to return someday!

Room Tip: I'll bet they're all good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cloudyskiies
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here for a week (oct 6-12). This is by far the best hotel I ever stayed in Europe. The room it's so big for European standard and very clean as well. All the workers are also very helpful and knowledgeable about the city. The location of this hotel is so strategic. It's located at Porto Del Sol which is easy access to everything you can ever ask for, food, shopping, entertainment etc.. The Sol subway station it's just 3 min walk from the hotel so it's another plus point if you plan to visit other places via subway. One thing I was surprised its how clean the subway in Madrid was. There're many street performance during the night starting from evening so it's a nice place to be after dinner if you wish to taking easy before hitting the sack. Other than being aware of pick pocket, I never felt so safe in a place like Madrid. There literally police everywhere at the square and outside the hotel patrolling. There're many alfresco cafe outside the hotel where you can sit down to watch the world goes by. All and all, this is the hotel to stay if you're in Madrid.

Room Tip: Some people might not like it but I would recommend to have a room facing the square. It can be a bit noisy through out the night ( with the window closed its not that bad) but you can have a beautiful view during the night and morning.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Raylim1974
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The location was perfect...only steps away from the metro...
Upon our arrival the hotel staff let us know that we could change our room if we found it too noisy.
I was pleased to find out that the "noise" was merely a lone violin player entertaining us with beautiful music each night. No, we did not change rooms.
While the room was a bit small compared to American style hotels, it was more than adequate and actually quite roomy for our needs. In fact, we found it quite charming with the beautiful red drapes at the large double windows.

The bathroom was extremely clean and a towel warmer is provided.

We enjoyed staying here and would definitely stay here again. We were able to walk to the Prado Museum--it's a long walk--but it made for an enjoyable day.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street...one of my favorite things to do in the morning was to open the shutters and observe the morning bustle in the street and in the Plaza del Sol.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple