“Great location in Madrid”
Review of Hotel Regina

Hotel Regina
Ranked #124 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed July 4, 2010

To me, it's all about location when I'm choosing a hotel, and the location of this hotel can't be beat. The Sevilla metro stop is directly across the street, and Puerta del Sol, is less than a 5 minute walk away. It was usually easier to use the Sol metro, since it has better connections, and it's still very close. My initial room was very new, hip/cool and modern looking, but very small, (as it was a single) and It had no view at all. There was a lot of construction noise during the day, (and I needed some sleep after a long flight) so they moved me to a different room, which had the same noise, so they moved me again to a higher floor. The room I ended up in was older, but still has a lot of charm. For the right price, this is a great hotel option. The free wifi was a bit sketchy, but similar to the rest of the hotels I stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (3,560)

Reviewed June 29, 2010

We only spent one night at the Regina, and wish it was more. It was a more upscale hotel than we are used to, but the price wasn't bad. It was also the only place where we ate an actual dinner in Spain, opting for tapas most nights. The Regina offered a 50% off coupon for guests, and it was well worth it. The breakfast buffet was also the most complete breakfast we had all week. The bathroom was awesome; large, fully stocked, and with a tub and bidet, as well as double sinks and great lighting.

The location was right downtown. We thought it would be noisy, but the air conditioning made a nice hum to drown it out.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My wife, college age daughter and I stayed at Regina for three nights, part of a 10 day trip. We had a room facing the street and loved it! The restaurant was way too expensive. Many options real close- Had breakfast at Nebraska- actual name of restaurant- across the street. We also took two side trips- Toledo and Segovia. We took public transportation everywhere. It was great. The Metro is super easy to use and cheap. Trains are fast and on time. While in Madrid, we toured a number of cool places- Prado, Royal Palace, Plaza del Sol. My only complaint is the smokers- everywhere in Spain. It didn't bother us in the hotel room, but did at different tapas bars and restaurants. Had a great time- fabulous trip. Regina is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I decided to stay at Hotel Regina based on other reviews and its central location. I could not have been more pleased with this decision. We arrived very late and were greeted with a smile and quick delivery of our room keys. The room was beautiful and modern and the bed was extremely comfortable.

The service was always helpful and quick to respond. We accidently spilled liquid on the bed and after a call to the front desk, the maid was at our door and promptly changed the sheets. We've traveled a lot in Spain and that quick response is not the norm.

The location couldn't be better. The Sevilla metro stop is directly in front of the hotel and Plaza del Sol is a short walk. We didn't eat at the hotel's restaurant but it always seemed to be full of locals which is usually a good sign.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pollockce
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I was in this hotel in May 2009 as I had treated my niece to a trip to Madrid for her 21st birthday and we were going to see Real Madrid v Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium.
I had never been to Madrid before and have to say I was taken in by the whole city and part of that was down to the hotel which is ideally located and absolutely ideal for an traveller who wants to get about the city without much fuss. Several Metro stations are located nearby as are many of the tourist attractions of Madrid (many just a short walk away), the tourist bus trips are also there. The staff were very friendly and although I could speak some Spanish it was mostly English used and the staff were more than able to help with the enquiries I and my niece had.
The rooms are fairly basic but have a comfortable feel to them, the hotel itself has a nice decor and the breakfast buffet in the morning was a bonus of a way to start your day. This hotel is ideal for seeing Madrid and for any form of tourist as I've no doubt already said. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank dishydes
Reviewed June 7, 2010

The Regina is in the heart of Madrid, only a pleasant walk to the museums, plazas, and historics sights. In addition, there is a metro right in front of the hotel that easily connects to other locations, including Atocha train station.
On the first day we found a great place for breakfast called the Mallorquina (fresh orange juice "suma de naranja," delicious expresso, and freshly baked sweet rolls "ensaimados" that we returned to every day. It's just a few blocks away in Puerta del Sol.
We found the hotel to be extremely clean and modern with a friendly and obliging staff.
Our 10-day stay in Madrid at the Regina Hotel was an absolute success, and we definitely recommend it highly. In fact, the next time we visit Spain, we will be staying at the Regina.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank LulioSenior
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We had only intended to stay one night, but due to the ash ended up staying for 4.
After reading reviews about street noise we requested a quiet room and that is exactly what we got. Very quiet, spacious room and a huge bathroom with walk in shower.
ok the view from the bedroom window was of a light well, but who comes to madrid to send allday looking out of thier window.
I found all the staff helpful, they all spoke english but as ever an attempt to speak spanish is apreciated.
The location is superb, 200 yards right out of the hotel and you are in puerto del sol 200 to the left and you are in the museum district. the metro is outside and for 2 euros you can travel to the airport by changing twice.
Good value was the royal palace which if free for eu citizens on wednesdays.
For 60 pound a night i would not bother staying anywere else in madrid