“Fantastic”
Review of Hotel Regina

Hotel Regina
Ranked #123 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We got a fantastic Facebook offer through the hotel website. Because it was so cheap I was was worried we would not have a good room... but everything was fantastic!

We arrived before our check in time, yet were given a room immediately. Checking in was easy. Our room was lovely, newly decorated, and perfectly presented at the back of the hotel. There was no noise from outside or from within the hotel.

The beds were comfortable, with spare blankets which we did not have to use as the air con worked perfectly. The small balcony overlooked a quiet street.

The only thing I didn't like was the glass wall and door between the bathroom and hallway.

Breakfast was also fantastic!! A wide range of food to set us up for the day ahead.

The hotel is centrally located and we never had to use public transport.

I would definately recommend this hotel and would stay here again!! The bottle of cava and fruit kebabs sent up to our room on our first day was a lovely gesture too!!

Wifi worked well and the tv music channels kept us entertained.

Thank you Hotel Regina!

Room Tip: Our room at the back was very quiet. Check out the website for their Facebook offer!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank glennoboyo
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear client.
Thank you very much for your comments about the location,
breakfast and mainly about the attentions and kindness of our staff
during your stay.
It,s very important for us to know our client´s opinion, and of course
we thank very much for recommending us.
Hopefully you´ll visit us again.
Director.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,574)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

we stayed here between the 11th and 15th of February 2013, its a lovely hotel and very busy, staff friendly but speak very little english. Hotel makes a great base as bus stop and metro station right out side, also with 10 minutes walk from Plaza Major,

Room Tip: watch the bill, we were invoiced for 8 breakfasts when we only had 4.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Teresa20Norwich
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear client.
First of all thank you for your feedback; your opinion is very important .
It,s nice to know that you were so pleased with the location of our hotel.
We are working to improve and ensure that our customers have a pleasant
and excellent service.
We hopw welcome you again in your next visit to Madrid.
Thank you for your time, warm regards.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

this hotel was superb in every respect. nice rooms that are modern and clean with an excellent breakfast offering. the strongest feature was the central location with a metro stop right outside the front doors.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your comments about the location, cleanliness,
breakfast.
It,s very important for us to know our client´s opinion, and of course
we thank very much your feedback.
Hopefully you´ll visit us again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here on my most recent trip to Madrid and was really pleased i chose to. Room was fantastic, clean, modern, comfortable & nothing quite says great hotel like a chocolate on the pillow.
The location is perfect, the Sevilla metro strop is literally on your doorstep. The staff were lovely and there was a minibar & safe in the room.
The bed was very comfortable and the TV was great. I cannot recommend this hotel enough & hope to return in the future!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank E D

Dear client.
First of all thank you very much for your comments and
description of you stay in the hotel. Thank you as
well on behalf of the involved staff.
We´re delighted to know that you enjoyed the location,
cleanliness, the amenities, the very well cared details...
because your satisfaction enables us to improve with great
care and neatness.
We hope to see you again when you return to Madrid.
Best regards.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was really pleased with the hotel Regina. It was easily reachable from the Sevilla metro station and well located near to the Puerta del Sol. The room and bathroom were both large and clean. Modern furnishings, friendly staff. I'm happy.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments about the location, cleanliness,
room and mainly about the attentions and kindness of our staff
during your stay.
It,s very important for us to know our client´s opinion, and of course
we thank very much your feedback.
We hope welcome you again in your next visit to Madrid.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

There are some excellent deals available now for this hotel, which is in a privileged position very near Sol and Plaza Mayor. The area is excellent - surrounded by banks and a Starbuck's next door. The "Nebraska" cafeteria across the street also has a nice daily menu that is good value. So the location can't be beat.

The service in the hotel is great. I arrived a bit early, but was given my room - a small single room on the first floor. The wifi works great (and it is free) and the shower is excellent - great pressure and temperature control. The bathroom amenities are terrific also. A much nicer hotel than I had expected for the price paid.

Apparently, the hotel is in the middle of renovating their rooms. One earlier comment referenced the bathrooms that were not separated by a door from the sleeping area. My room was a more traditional arrangement, with a door of separation.

As others have said, the noise from the hallway is pervasive... the floors in the room are hardwood and there is no carpeting in the hallway. The result is that you do tend to hear everything from the hallway. Perhaps it was the placement of my room, but it was not loud enough to bother me.

I cannot rate this place "excellent" because of the heat of my room. I am visiting in February, so the heat is turned on and the A/C is turned off. Even with the thermostat in my room off, the temperature in the room is very hot. The windows (one in the bedroom, one in the bathroom) open into an internal square (so you can look across and see into other rooms). As a result, there is no street noise, but it also provides little ventilation unless the door to the room is left open. I think my being on the first floor contributes to the heat - I might be directly above a kitchen or something. I'm scheduled to visit this hotel again in a few weeks - I will request a different room and see if that helps.

In general, this hotel provides tremendous value with some of the promotional deals currently available. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again, and look forward to my next visit. I would just be a little bit careful about the ability to keep the temperature at a comfortably cool level.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bobby_l
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in an attic room with a terrace. It was a quiet location. The room was very clean and comfortable with plenty of space for two travelers. We had a problem with the shower overflowing and maintenance came promptly and it was fixed. Front desk staff was very polite and helpful. We booked directly on the hotel's website and got a great deal. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here in the future!

• Stayed: September 2012
ReginaMadrid, Gerente at Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Customer.
First, thank you for your feedback.
Your opinion is very important for the hotel.
Thanks also for the photos you attached to your comment.
We are glad to know you had a pleasant stay with us, both for cleanliness as reception staff.
We hope to see you again when you return to Madrid.
Thank you again for your time.