“BIG DISLIKE”

Ranked #352 of 410 Specialty Lodging in Madrid
Il-Mosta, null, Malta
“BIG DISLIKE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have booked 2 of these apartments in December 2012 for our stay in Feb 2013. The owners did not inform us that the apartments were overbooked. So when we arrived we found nobody to wait for us, we had to call and then after an hour someone came. They wanted to give us an alternative which they say it's 5 min away but when we went to check we walked over 30 min and the area the other apartments were was very dodgy. The apartments were very small and run down. The service by Village Chueca Apartments is very bad and they try to blame you for everything. DO NOT BOOK these apartments. The apartments in Fuencarral are situated in a very noisy area so goodbye sleep. I 100% recommend 7, Gran Via Apartments, Calle de Chincilla. Excellent location, great apartments with 5* service.

Room Tip: DO NOT CHOOSE VILLAGE CHUECA APARTMENTS. Choose 7 Gran Via Apartments, Calle de Chinchilla instead.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Joseph G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I got to Madrid I took myself to Fuencarral 23 -noone was there I walked up and down the Stairs (my luggage was heavy) - I plinged the bell over and over - then I went to a coffeeshop and went into my Internet- there it stod Fuencarral 55 after one and half hour waiting I got a message- they were going to let me in...

After 15 minutes a Spaniard came - no English spoken and then he showed me the room...
It was a minuscule studio with NO WINDOWS and it DID NOT look like the room I had ordered.
I became very agitated...when I saw this I couldn´t Stand it ...amd I immediately took my computer I saw there where a room at ****H10 Gran Via and when I got there it turned out to be suita wiyh a LARGE terrace on the top floor and it cost me EUR200 for four nights........!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank roberg666

Travelers are raving about these Madrid hotels