“Loved this place!”

Ranked #216 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
New York City
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great location, great rooms, really clean and cute. Great value. Everything you want to see and do is walkable from the Hostal but if you prefer the Metro it is just a few minutes away as well. I arrived in Madrid on a bus and the hotel gave me great instruction on how to get there. Really easy on the metro and then just a couple of minutes walk. Great WiFi but there is also a computer available for use if you need it. Fridge in room which is always great. I walked into my room and just loved it! Definitely recommend it and would stay here again without question.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank aps101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great location , did not move the car since arrived in Madrid. Parking is 30 Euros per day in the public parking lots 50 meters away. You can park your car in two different plazas.
The rooms are very chearfull and clean .
Close and walking distance from everywhere . Great value . We will definetly recommend and stay here again.
The Owner spoke well English and were very cordious .

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank sunglimbrazil
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had a good stay. It is very close to Puerta del Sol and a metro station. It is on a 4th floor, but has an elevator. It was quiet, the wireless internet was free and worked in the room. They have a computer that the guests can use also. When we arrived the AC was not working properly in our room; Valeria was great and quickly moved us to a different one. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SaritaSD
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was pleased we got summer covers and a lovely chandalier a great place extremely clean and modern. I Would reccomend this hostal to all. thus we were there during the protests so it was hard to sleep. This hostal earned 5 stars

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank wallr
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was lucky that my first night in Madrid was at Hostal Adriano. What a location! The outside of the building is pretty nondescript, but I had a cozy, clean and....most importantly....a quiet room just a couple blocks from Puerto del Sol. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They recommended a small restaurant just around the corner..... on.the bustling Barcelona St. I enjoyed my first meal in Spain in great atmosphere, and for under $10 (including wine!). One needs to know that, in Spain, a hostal (with an 'a') is much different from hostels. Usually it's a small, simple 'hotel' where you will have your own private room, with bath. I highly recommend this as an economical, convenient place to stay in Madrid.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Ticasue
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Adriano is what I would call a hotel, not a hostal, and I was happy other reviews pointed this out. I would not want to be in a typical hostal. We were given keys to the outer door enter in the evening hours but staff was still on duty. Staff was helpful and friendly and arranged an early taxi for us.
My 2 adult daughters and I shared a triple room that looked to be decorated Ikea style with bright orange striped bed covers. I have the same art prints in my home that were hanging on the wall that I purchased at Ikea in Canada. The room was quiet, clean and a nice size.
Although we really liked the location of the hostal near Plaza Santa Ana, there were prostitutes on our street during the day and the small street was filled with people into the early morning hours. (We did not hear any noise in our room though.) We didn't notice the prostitutes ourselves because they didn't really look, nor were they dressed the part and we didn't feel uncomfortable. A friend who lives in Spain and met us at the hostal pointed this out and said North Americans most likely wouldn't be able to tell. We also wouldn't have known about all the people in front of the hotel and on the street if we didn't have to get our taxi to the airport at 4 in the morning. Although it was a surprise to us and we were wondering if the taxi could get through the street I don't think it would stop us from going back as we liked staying there. I would have given a very good but thought some people would have an issue with the unidentifiable prostitutes.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tonichestnutantosha
Tallinn
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is very nice, clean and comfortable hostal, but what was for us more important, is location. The location is very good, close to Porta del Sol and the underground. Staff is very kind as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends