“Great buisness hotel but little else”

Silken Puerta de Madrid
Ranked #185 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great buisness hotel but little else”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Very clean and very modern, this is an ideal business hotel. As far as any other amenities the hotel falls below any expectations. The cafeteria is sub par and the restaurant closes on the weekends. not what was expected from their adverts.

Room Tip: The best tip is to get a room at the Holiday Inn about 500 meters from the Silken!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

The Puerta de Madrid is extremely convenient to the airport and the business district while also having some good restaurant options. The hotel itself has a very friendly and helpful staff, is in very good condition, and has sizable rooms with nice amenities. The restaurant, bar, and lobby are excellent for the business traveler. Overall it is a terrific value.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JTM125
Madrid
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Quite modern hotel, spacious rooms, good location to reach the airport and the center of Madrid. Available car parking in the streets outside.
Very good relation price/quality
Excellent attention and care from the staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great business-oriented hotel, a little off-center. Best news is that if you're going over for a weekend, the rates will be excellent. We slept there 2 nights for 100eur, and got top notch quality. It's pretty central, although slightly far away from public transport. But then again, the taxis are quite cheap, so it's not that much of an issue.
Otherwise, modern hotel, large rooms, huge bed, big bathroom. Clean, tidy and very comfortable. I think it's the best quality you can get for that little money!

A must every time we'll be returning to Madrid!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a very stylish, clean, beautiful 4-star hotel. The lobby was huge nad modern. The room was spacious, comfortable and absolutely clean. The bathroom offred a nice set shampoos, shower gels, and other stuff.
The breakfats was amazing, so rich offerring a huge variety of hot buffet plus cold cuts (deli meat, cheeses). They had fresh baked croissants, breads and other goodies. They also had a variety of milk, yoghurt, and other beverages.
The private parking I believe was free.
The reception people were very friendly. We needed to pring out our boarding passes for our upcoming flight with Ryanair and they did it for us. They were so kind and helpful, especially Javier.
The hotel is not close to the historic center of Madrid, but it is close to the airport. On the night we stayed the hotel restaurant was closed for some private event, but the staff told us where nearby we can buy pizza. It's 3 min drive from the hotel and it called Telepizza. It's the best pizza we have had in Europe!
Overall, we strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel itself is very nice, modern, clean. Large rooms, good size bathroom. Reception staff are very friendly.
Even though I don't think it really matters whether there is a TV or not in the room, there was only 1 english channel.
There is a bus stop right behind the hotel which is probably the best way to travel into town. the closest train station is about a 15min walk down some of the quiet streets. There is nothing local in the area. So eating and buying any bits will be when you are out and about.
We only booked the rooms so didn't experience what the food was like in the hotel.
If your travelling to see Madrid I wouldn't recommend staying here. It took roughly 45min to get into town. If you decide to take a cab from the airport to the hotel or vice versa you are looking at 30euros roughly. If you decide to take public transport give yourself over an hour as you have to come towards town first and then get a train/ bus.
Tip get a travel card whilst your there its not that expensive and its the easiest way to travel
night buses are very efficient but like london, it's a slower service.

ovewrall very nice hotel but to far out of the city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank roshni s
West Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Like many other reviewers, I stayed at this hotel just before I left the country to be closer to the airport. I would not recommend it for anything else. The rooms are clean and relatively large, compared to most of the other rooms I have stayed in in Spain. But, this hotel lacks some basics for the 4-star rating it apparently has. Esoterically, it has everything it needs. It's a beautiful hotel and my room was quite clean. However, my room had a tiny television missing the front plate that covers the controls and I was shocked at how few channels it had. My biggest disappointment, however, was that two of the reasons I chose this hotel were accommodations that I was not able to take advantage of: the free WiFi and free airport shuttle. You will not get the password for the WiFI unless you request it and it doesn't necessarily immediately begin working. Also, the password works for only 24 hours. The airport shuttle is such a farce! They have one driver and one van that runs from the hotel to one of the terminals every 30 minutes. The problems with that is that there are 4 terminals at Barajas and it is impossible for the shuttle to go to all the terminals and pick up the hotel guests from the hotel every half hour. So, the first guest to sign up for the shuttle, in effect, decides where the shuttle is going, as I learned. i needed to go to Terminal 4, but the first guest needed to go to Terminal 1, that meant I was SOL. I took a taxi for 24 euros. Which brings me to yet another complaint, I was not helped by the desk staff during my stay. I stayed at the hotel for 2 days and nights. When I checked in, I asked about the shuttle and was told I need only let them know what time I wanted to take the shuttle to the airport. The morning of the day before my trip I called downstairs to make my reservation and was told I needed to come to the desk to make a reservation, because I didn't come right away, I ended up not being able to to take the shuttle to the airport. As long as you have no intention to see Madrid while staying there and you aren't being charged more than $50/night, I think it's a good bet to stay at the Silken Puerta de Madrid. It is clean, quiet, and attractive. I would suggest asking for the WiFi password immediately when you check-in and making your reservation for the shuttle at that time too to be certain you get a free ride.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo