“Great for the price”

ibis Madrid Centro Las Ventas
Ranked #83 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My parents and their friends were visiting me for a few days in Madrid and as seen as my place could not accomodate them all I booked two rooms at the IBIS beside Ventas. At around 50 euro per room per night this hotel was much better than expected. Rooms are very clean and a good size. One of the rooms had a great view of the Plaza outside and the another one a lovely brick wall ;) The place was only booked to sleep so what more can you ask for? Nice and quiet at night.
Staff on front desk was friendly and helpful and check-in was quick.
For Breakfast the VIPS just across the road does a decent one for a decent price. For tapas try Bar Tendido also just slightly across the road.
Metro stop is 2 minutes walk and has both main lines into the city centre (Sol/Granvia - around 20 minutes)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ratch32

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, it's in a great location close to the Metro. Small number of restaurants close by. Would recommend VIPS across the road and Gino's Italian. Rooms very clean. Wouldn't bother with breakfast at hotel as continental. Cooked breakfast at VIPS same price. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over bullring otherwise you will have a view of a wall
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Located right next to the Plaza de Toros in Las Ventas, the Ibis is a good choice for staying in Madrid. It's reasonably priced (even in peak season) and clean as a whistle. The rooms are very nice, spotlessly clean and modern. The Ventas Metro station is right on the doorstep and from here you can get into the city centre quickly and cheaply. There are a few cafes and restaurants around the hotel but the real action is in the Gran Via / Sol area or perhaps around the Plaza de Espana. I had a couple of nights of excellent sleep at the Ibis. You could do a lot worse.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 2 nights. I have stayed many times in Ibis but this time was different. Location is not so good. There are not any restaurants nearby. There is a big stadium beside so when there is bullfight or concert is difficult to sleep. The worst is the behaviour of staff. When i wanted to pay the bill no body asked me if i want ot pay i Euro or NOK but on my bill was written that i wanted to pay in NOK and they had used the highest courst for exchang. And they had taken 3 Euros for exchanging. The water was several times yellow og brown and when we asked them why we got no comment. When i came home so i saw they had taken another 60 Euro from my card. They put it back after few days but in this process they had charged med for another 5 Euros. So i will never again stay in this hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I like to travel budget and save my money for food. The ibis chain is a bargain for Madrid but the location while right opposite the bull fighting ring and ventas metro stop was a little out of the way for the convention center. I had to change trains 3 times. Not a problem if you're used to multiple line metros, it just takes a while which for me ended up being anywhere from 30-45 minutes every AM. If might have helped if I had a picked a different line which I will have to remember to do the next time I go to a conference. My reservation was made on booking.com and I paid about 67Euro a night. This place reminds me of a business hotel in Japan.

I didn't try the food, it looked like a basic cafeteria but who eats in their hotel in Madrid anyway?
Linen was clean, bed comfy and the decor was modern but basic. The TV provided had a few english channels. If only they had had a bull fight one of the evenings I was there (I left Sat, they had one Sunday), I would have been a relatively happier camper.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dash4m
Reviewed June 20, 2013

People attending you at the lobby are nice but not particularyly helpful (they told me to do it myself when I asked them for advice on a good restaurant). The hotel has no charm whatsoever, the dining room looks like a cheap cafeteria, you have no food available at the hotel. Although located near las Ventas, the neighborhood where the hotel is located has no particular points of interest for pedestrians.The only advantage is that it is close to the highway if you need to drive south of Madrid.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business