“Stopped in & Surprise!!!”
Review of Sushi Shop

Sushi Shop
Ranked #2,620 of 10,992 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Barrio de Salamanca
Guam, Mariana Islands
“Stopped in & Surprise!!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

SushiShop was definitely a new experience for me. It is more like an a la carte-ready to go-carry out-type of place :-) I thought we were going to go in order sushi and soups that are going to make in the kitchen, so on and so forth. But it is like a cafeteria (more or less) of sushi. The menu was different, you order in combos (at least the encourage you to), you pay, they give you a number and you take a seat.
The drinks we grabbed ourselves and we took a seat. Very cute and sleek place, even though I expected so much more. The menu price for lunch was decent but the quality was okay.
The sushi took FOREVER to be prepared, we had finished our soups and cucumber salad for over 20 minutes while we waited for the sushi. I was thinking, "...this is going to be some dynamite sushi..." yet when it arrived, it wasn't. Nothing fancy of course but the taste was fresh, the rice was a little firm for me and we ate and left. We waited awhile for the sushi and I wished it was more to please my nerves of waiting when there weren't that many guests there, at least waiting for their food...Yet there weren't any wait staff, if they do have some, they need new staff!
I probably would pop in there again when it is my last resort. The miso was very rich and I love rich miso soup but the sushi, nay :-) Not bad, I just love good quality in sushi, especially dealing with seafood.

• Visited May 2012

• Greek first
Spring Valley, California
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We were looking for something light for supper - found this place around the corner from our hotel. I didn't expect much, and was pleasantly surprised. Fish was nice and fresh - portions just right. Price was about what i would have expected for a sushi bar in an expensive neighborhood, but half what we paid later in the week at another place. I'd go back. Eat on the sidewalk and people watch.

• Visited June 2012