“Just find another hotel in Madrid!!”

ILUNION Suites Madrid
Ranked #86 of 442 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The service at the reception desk was not helpful nor nice. Very stressed. I have received the room in the old part of the hotel.. so if you are a guest for the first time you will get it for sure. The whole group of people which was with me have received better rooms (not first time guests) and I was the only one in this VERY OLD part. The room was really cold, about 10 degree. i have asked for change and they could not offer me something else. The room in the same building next to mine. The bathroom should be renovated, I have found black hairs.. and could not wait to take a shower at home.
What is positive the room was big but would be more happy with 16 clean and new m2. Will never come back to this hotel and advise you don't test it even.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank FrequentReisende
Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Next time i will book a real hotel thats not keeping me awake all night.. Very bad bed!! Killing my back! If you did not booked yet i would look for a better option. Bad location outside the center postive point its close to the metro.

confortelhoteles, Gerente at ILUNION Suites Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear customer,
First of all, I woud like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback letting us know the inconvenience in your room.
I would like to express my apologies for not being able to meet your expectations. I assure you we will work harder to offer the best service possible.
Please, do not hesitate to contact me in case you need any further information.
Yours sincerely.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed in Madrid at this hotel for 3 nights starting on October 16th, 2012. The hotel is huge and consists of 3 blocks each with their own tiny elevators. 3 Things I liked about this hotel was the service was good, rooms came with a fridge and safe and it was less than a block from the subway. Other than that, there's nothing great about this hotel. It is far from all the sights and in a rather drab neighbourhood. Our room looked into the inner court yard which was boring and plain. The rooms are small and not very sound proof. Noise from the hallways leaked in frequently and within the room the bathroom door is a sliding glass door that doesn't provide much privacy at all. The internet signal is decent but the tv is basically a computer monitor stuck on the wall at a whopping size of 15 inches.
I didn't come to Madrid to hang out in my room but I did expect far more from a so called 4 star hotel and this hotel definitely kept me from coming in early from the lovely city of Madrid.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
confortelhoteles, Gerente at ILUNION Suites Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear customer,
I am disappointed to read that we had not met your expectations on this occasion. I will also thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We truly appreciate all reviews from our guests, your comments hold greater value for us and will help our hotel in providing our customer service excellence.
Do not hesitate to contact us on this email address (bmiguel.confortel@once.es) in case you want to share any other comment with us or if you ever come back to Madrid.
Yours faithfully.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We chose this hotel as it was convenient for the Metro and near our relatives. Comfortable clean modern rooms, friendly staff, modern bathroom. It is a little far from the city centre but it is easy to access with the metro. Free wi-fi in rooms or there are free computers in reception so you can check your email there. Would stay here again. Rooms however were too hot for us (when we asked about the air conditioning were told it only gave out hot air as it was the Spanish winter) and it was too noisy to have the window open at night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great location. 1 block from the Alfonso XIII metro stop. Great staff, REALLY clean room, air-conditioning worked great. You're in Madrid so there is so much to do, you only need your room for sleep. Comfortable bed, clean bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J D
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was perfect for our needs. It was very convenient to the metro. The staff was pleasant and helpful, the rooms were clean and modern. A little far from the city center, but the metro gets you there quickly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The hotel is nice, reception speaks English + makes a very good effort to help English speaking guests.

Got the suite and it was really nice. Wooden-ish floors. The bathroom was separated into a dressing area with washing bin and another room containing bathtubs and toilet. It was clean, the toilet occasionally had weird smell but it wasn't much of an issue.

Loved the bed, never wanted to get up!!!

Breakfast was a good selection. Not much to choose from but really good. The first day they had a nespresso machine which disappeared on the next day. They offered american breakfast as per request on the first day too. Scrambled eggs and bacon were lovely. The next days, they kinda replaced it with cook scrambled eggs for you to scoop up at the buffet line which looked + tasted horrible. But I didn't mind since the selection of cold cuts, bread, juice, fruits, cereal were enough to keep me happy.

Staff are helpful. Had a really nice stay.

Cons are, it's not in the centre of everything but the metro is one minute away and Madrid has one of the best public transports.

For those who want to go to Santiago Bernabeu, there's a direct bus a block away. Faster than taking the metro.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple