“First visit to Madrid, Spain- Fantastic little boutique hotel”

La Posada del Dragon
Ranked #66 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
Leeds, United Kingdom
“First visit to Madrid, Spain- Fantastic little boutique hotel”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My first ever visit to Madrid, Spain and the hotel was a big highlight of making My partner & Myselfs stay exceptional! We had a double room on the third floor, Design & Decor was fantastic and stylish for the price we payed, one slight downside- shower door to the wetroom leaked, so lots of water on the carpet outside. Staff were very friendly on both reception & bar/ restaurant downstairs, serving lovely food & drinks with a buzzing atmosphere. We ordered Football tickets online for a Real Madrid game & the staff did everything to ensure we recieved these, with quick responses to emails. Location superb- For a genuine feel of Spanish culture, away from the tourist hotspots located among superb tapas restaurants, bars & La Latina underground station. Would highly recommend & RE-VISIT!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Hi Jenmeister
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at La Posada del Dragon Hotel

I am especially pleased that you found our entire staff friendly and welcoming I will certainly pass your comments on to all the staff

When your travel plans call for returning to Madrid I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please call to the hotel directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Amparo Vano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
Napoli
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed there alone, and I booked a single room: the hotel is overall nice, amazing position, it has a bar/restaurant with a cool atmosphere, friendly staff, good breakfast. The single room was the problem: nicely decorated, but too small!! It had just space for a single bed (I guess it was a 120cm one), and everything else (a small desk, chair, and an holder for the luggage) was packed in a very small space! Moreover, there were two tiny, very small, locked windows, looking on the corridor of the inner courtyard, so you could not open the curtains, unless you don't want to loose your privacy. Toilet was clean, but the the door of the shower was not closing thight, so lot of water on the toilet floor. I was there only one night, than fine, but for more days, I would not choose this place again - if I have to book a single.

Room Tip: Pay attention if booking a single room, they are way too small
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at La Posada del Dragon
We are sorry that the single room seemed too small, but all our guests staying at this type of room are really satisfied with it.
We hope to see you son at la Posada del Dragon and we recommend you to book a Corrala or a balcony room.

Warm regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights. Quality of the rooms are underrated. The hotel setup is excellent. I had a room on the third floor with a view of the church. There is a lot of street noise but that is a issue if you go early to bed. You are in Madrid which does not start until midnight.
The bar downstairs has some of the best tapas on a street filled with tapas. The staff there are excellent in everyway.
Will be definitely going back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Renaissanceparquet

I am especially pleased that you found our hotel, restaurant and location very nice

Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed for 1 night before a business meeting. First time visiting Madrid. No problem finding it, and got a response to my query regarding late check in during the day before I left for the airport. Tiny room, but very stylish and functional. Best room I've ever had anywhere on a budget.
Friendly stuff, and overall really original and quirky place. Word of caution for those who are rather petite: coat hanger and bath towels can be a little bit hard to reach. After check out they kept my suitcase for me to get it after my meeting.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are larger and smaller rooms. Maybe try to clarify in advance. As a solo traveller...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this review, January 19, 2014

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband in May'13. We had reached early so the rooms weren't ready but the stay offered to keep our luggage while we ventured into the neighbourhood. He gave us maps, direction to the nearest plaza and some information of the bull-fight festival going on at the time.

We were very happy on our first outing as we discovered how amazing the location of the hotel was. It's a mere 5 mins walk from Plaza de Mayor. There are lots of lovely restaurants and bars around. There is also a supermarket just 2-3 mins away from the hotel.

The rooms were small but clean and convenient. The decor was quirky and we loved it. The staff was generous with replenishing the toiletries.

I would recommend the hotel to couples, groups as well as single travelers.

Room Tip: Pick any room! Each room is different than the other!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this review, January 10, 2014

Paris, France
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I spent a weekend in Madrid with a friend. Since we were on a student budget, we shared a double room at Posada del Dragon. The hotel location is great, in one of the city's liveliest neighborhoods. It's a 5-minute walk from the Latina metro stop, and a few steps away from cool bars, restaurants, and the marvelous Mercado San Miguel. The staff was professional and made us feel welcome. My main complaint is about the room. It is on the first floor and really dark (it is impossible to tell whether it was day or night outside). A semi-transparent partition wall separates the shower from the bed, which means the person in the shower has little to no privacy. More aggravating is the toilet door, which is also a thin, almost transparent partition wall. The person in the room could hear EVERYTHING happening behind that fake door. Also, small details are missing: no hook for the towels in the shower and near the washing bowl, no hand soap. I am not sure whether the other rooms were organized differently, so I would check before making a reservation.

Room Tip: Don't take rooms on the first floor- way too dark!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind words following your recent stay at La Posada del Dragón Hotel
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and you liked the location.
I am very sorry that you felt you did not have privacy in the room.
Next time you come back to La Posada del Dragon I would recommend you to book a Balcony room which is bigger. We will take on consideration your comments because clients like you make us get better everyday

My best regards and renewed thanks,
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Posada del Dragon! The staff was very helpful in advance with making dinner reservations and suggesting places to eat and visit while in Madrid. They were accommodating when we arrived before check in time. Our room was clean and reasonably appointed. The hotel has an energetic vibe in the evening and was a great place to plan our next day’s adventures! We enjoyed the proximity to the San Miguel marketplace and a metro stop. We had a wonderful time and would return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and you liked the location and the helpful staff. Please do come and visit us again soon.

I have also passed on your kind words to our great team.
My best regards