“A big thumbs up!”

La Posada del Dragon
Ranked #69 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband in May'13. We had reached early so the rooms weren't ready but the stay offered to keep our luggage while we ventured into the neighbourhood. He gave us maps, direction to the nearest plaza and some information of the bull-fight festival going on at the time.

We were very happy on our first outing as we discovered how amazing the location of the hotel was. It's a mere 5 mins walk from Plaza de Mayor. There are lots of lovely restaurants and bars around. There is also a supermarket just 2-3 mins away from the hotel.

The rooms were small but clean and convenient. The decor was quirky and we loved it. The staff was generous with replenishing the toiletries.

I would recommend the hotel to couples, groups as well as single travelers.

Room Tip: Pick any room! Each room is different than the other!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at La Posada del Dragon Hotel

I am especially pleased that you found our entire staff friendly and welcoming I will certainly pass your comments on to all the staff

When your travel plans call for returning to Madrid I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please call to the hotel directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for La Posada del Dragon

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I spent a weekend in Madrid with a friend. Since we were on a student budget, we shared a double room at Posada del Dragon. The hotel location is great, in one of the city's liveliest neighborhoods. It's a 5-minute walk from the Latina metro stop, and a few steps away from cool bars, restaurants, and the marvelous Mercado San Miguel. The staff was professional and made us feel welcome. My main complaint is about the room. It is on the first floor and really dark (it is impossible to tell whether it was day or night outside). A semi-transparent partition wall separates the shower from the bed, which means the person in the shower has little to no privacy. More aggravating is the toilet door, which is also a thin, almost transparent partition wall. The person in the room could hear EVERYTHING happening behind that fake door. Also, small details are missing: no hook for the towels in the shower and near the washing bowl, no hand soap. I am not sure whether the other rooms were organized differently, so I would check before making a reservation.

Room Tip: Don't take rooms on the first floor- way too dark!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind words following your recent stay at La Posada del Dragón Hotel
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and you liked the location.
I am very sorry that you felt you did not have privacy in the room.
Next time you come back to La Posada del Dragon I would recommend you to book a Balcony room which is bigger. We will take on consideration your comments because clients like you make us get better everyday

My best regards and renewed thanks,

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Posada del Dragon! The staff was very helpful in advance with making dinner reservations and suggesting places to eat and visit while in Madrid. They were accommodating when we arrived before check in time. Our room was clean and reasonably appointed. The hotel has an energetic vibe in the evening and was a great place to plan our next day’s adventures! We enjoyed the proximity to the San Miguel marketplace and a metro stop. We had a wonderful time and would return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and you liked the location and the helpful staff. Please do come and visit us again soon.

I have also passed on your kind words to our great team.
My best regards

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Clean, kind of retro and super modern decor, Asian flare. Great food in Latina quarter. Busy area, lots to see and do. Friendly staff and funky concept. Wish there was more natural light as the only window looked over the courtyard, and restaurant below so no privacy if blinds were open. Great pub at entrance of hotel. They sit you down with a drink and some olives while they take your bags up.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Kelowna
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and you liked the location and the decoration of the rooms
Please do come and visit us again soon. I have also passed on your kind words to our great team.
My best regards and renewed thanks,

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Good location near Plaza Mayor. Very attentive and friendly staff, nice room, comfortable bed. Restaurant/bar appeared very popular with locals. Food was delicious, tapas and pinchos. I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy that your stay was a positive experience and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very glad to hear such a nice words about the comfortable room, helpful Staff ...

Thanks again. Hope to see you soon.

Amparo Vaño

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I were recently in Madrid, and after looking around for a good place to eat in downtown, we stumbled upon this place. it is not only a really cool building/hotel - it has a great restaurant!
Let me tell you - we loved the glass floor over the roman ruins, and the staff was great. The food was fantastic!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at La Antoñita by La Posada del Dragón
Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
Your kind words make what we do, day in and day out, all the more rewarding.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return to Madrid

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had supper here and it was very good indeed. It is a lovely restaurant with very attentive staff.
The food was excellent especially the croquettes and the squid.
This was not cheap eats but it was a very pleasurable dining experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Posada B, Director of Sales at La Posada del Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your dinner at La Antoñita in La Posada del Dragón I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us and you loved the food.
I am also pleased that you found the staff attentive we will pass on your comments to them

We are looking forward to see you here soon!
Warm regards