“Great location and price”
Review of Pension Jaen

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madrid
Pension Jaen
Ranked #311 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was a little hard to find (on the 3rd floor of a building), but once I was there, it was exactly what I needed. Having been on the Camino, I needed privacy, a soaking tub, good shower, good bed, and a clean room. Then the location close to the Passeo Prado, Museo Thyssen, Reina Sofia, shopping in Salamanca, lots of places to eat, and the express bus to the airport - this hotel had it all. The person at the desk was very helpful and helped me who didn't speak Spanish. I would stay there again . . . and I will when I continue the Camino next year.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side are noisier, but I really enjoy city noises on vacation. I live in an area...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank pasigmond

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I opted to stay in the city waiting for a plane rather than some faceless airport hotel. The Juan was perfect with a friendly helpful service from the owners, they don't speak much English but we managed fine. The room was comfortable and clean with its own bathroom and toilet. The location is ideal for a quick visit as it is in the heart of the tourist area and surrounded by great bars and restaurants. I hope to return soon.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Marcus K
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable and helpful staff, no frills and surrounded by a profusion of great tapas and trendy bars and if you can afford the euro prices, smart restaurants. Easy walk to all the museums, Prado one of the best in the world and the Thyssen also. Naval one also, but take your passport!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank CapeTownRhino
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Jaen is very close to Puerta del Sol, the museums (Prado, Thyssen), and Anton Martin subway stop. Easily walkable (10min) to Atocha train station and Gran Via. Supermarket (Carrefour Express) is nearby on Calle Principe. Incredible service and clean rooms. Pillows are a little hard but that's being nitpicky. Reception was friendly and gave good recommendations. Provided free, detailed map of Madrid. Even let us print out our boarding passes. Everything for a great price.

3  Thank Medstudentbackpacker
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the H Jaen at least ten times over the past years in my travels to Madrid, always returning. The owners are very nice people, always accommodating and friendly. The location is good in the Las Letras section of Madrid. Cervantes lived across the steet ( a few years ago)! The Hostal is near the Metro and within walking distance of the center. A laundromat is 2 minutes from the Hostal. Having a place like this makes travel to Spain much easier- I never have to think of where to stay when I'm in Madrid.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This would be five stars had the woman not insisted on charging us twice for the room. We could not argue with her, although we had payed online weeks ago! Cute room, shower is bedside table though just a warning. But no issues, Las Cortes is a less rowdy place right near the Prado and just near enough the Plaza Mayor area without having a lot of tourist spillage Into the area. Remember this is Madrid- people stay out everywhere until four! There may be some street noise.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were really happy with our choice of hotel in Madrid. We lived in Madrid for 7 years and had never needed to stay in a hotel before. We chose the hotel because of its location and its price. Great location near Plaza Santa Ana and Atocha. The family who ran the hotel were friendly. The room was small but most places are in Madrid. It still had good cupboard space and everything you could need. Would definitely stay here again. No sound from the street (unlikely in Madrid) but you could hear the next door neighbour´s every move.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple