Hotel Francisco I
$378
$333
$133
  • Pool
Hotel Catalonia Plaza Mayor(Madrid)
$364
$104
$1,101
$1,035
  • Restaurant
ILUNION Pio XII(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$105
$97
SLEEP'N Atocha(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$200
Travelocity
1,839 results
All reviewsplaza mayorcalle arenalpedestrian streetgreat locationopera metrosan ginesroyal palacestar hotelfirst floorsmall balconycentral locationsol metroopera housetriple roomchurrosmini barearly hours
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Rooms are new and above the 2 stars-standard but in our room it was not possible to close the window what was very annoying because the hotel is situated in a very noisy street where the people are partying till 6am every night. Breakfast was included but was very simple. Most of staff was friendly. If you don't care about noise I can fully recommend this hotel otherwise not.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank oxxyalmy
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stayed at the Francisco I for three nights in July 2011 with 5 friends.

All six of us were amazed at the quality of the hotel and staff considering what we paid. For less than 20 euros each a night the rooms were clean and the bathroom was very nice.

The breakfast selection wasn't huge but again considering it was all included in the price we were very pleased.

Far and away the best feature of the hotel is its location. It is very centrally located only two minutes walk from two metro stations and very close to shops, restaurants and bars.

We had two rooms on the fifth floor and at no point during my stay was I aware of any building works in the hotel, although I appreciate this may be different if you are staying on other floors or areas of the hotel.

There was some noise from the street at night, this didn't really bother me but I imagine it might be worse on the lower floors.

Reception and cleaning staff were all very pleasant and I would definitely recommend this hotel for a cheap break in Madrid.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank leop1987
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Very loud and busy since hotel gets refurbished currently. There were construction workers from 7.30 am every day both in the hall and outside my bathroom window! No air-con in the rooms and room window was blocked likely because of the construction work. This together makes sleeping very very hard in this Hotel. TV gives a very blurry picture, impossible to watch!
Beds are very small and short (<1.90m). Poor breakfest since no varieties (only one type of ham and chesse every day).
Positive about the Hotel is a fast and free internet and its great location.

Room Tip: Check status of construction work before booking!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank hamiltonians1
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel! My room had a small terrace off the front of the hotel, which was a fun thing to enjoy. My only complaints are these: firm bed--if you like this you will love this place and many others in Spain, but for me it was a little too firm but I was still able to sleep; lack of clock! I had no idea how disoriented I would be without one but I was!! I purchased one after a couple days of frustration and that solved the problem! Breakfast was simple and pleasant and the location cannot be beat! Also, the windows were double paned and pretty sound proof, but it still helps to have earplugs:)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2010

I stayed at Hotel Francisco 1, Madrid, spain from 11th - 16th november 2010 and was not at all impressed with the very limited space for clothing. No tea or coffee making facilities in room and to ring reception for information was charged to my bill, even though it was a minimal charge. it was still unacceptable. The location of the hotel was excellent though and kind of made up for it. Would not stay there again as there are so many other beautiful hotels in same vacinity and just as cheap.
Shegra, Ireland