“Fantastic for vegetarian and meat eaters”

Piccolino della farfalla
Ranked #1,499 of 10,923 Restaurants in Madrid
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huertas
Redhill, United Kingdom
“Fantastic for vegetarian and meat eaters”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Welcoming family feel restaurant. Fantastic atmosphere and food. My wife had a vegetarian lasagna and I had a steak. I was quite surprised at the quality of the meat given the restaurant is classified as vegetarian. Very reasonably priced. Surprised its not ranked higher. Would definitely recommend!!!

2 Thank liquidora

Madrid, Spain
“Great choice for a cheap and cheerful lunch in the centre of the city”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have eaten at Il Piccolino della Farfalla a few times. Their day menu (which always includes a vegetarian option) is unbeatable in value and choices. This is a popular restaurant so it fills up quickly, and service can be a bit slow because of that, so I would not go there if I was in a rush. The restaurant has 2 main sections, and tables are set very close to each other, so you might have to drop your concept of personal space when this place gets busy. At the same time, it feels very homely and cheerful; service is very good and attentive, and my only suggestion would be to serve the dishes hotter, as they are sometimes a bit tepid when they reach the table. Food is a mixture of Italian and Argentinian, fusion-like food, and makes a change from the standard heavy, meat-based, local food fare in Madrid. I will go back.

• Visited November 2012
London
“Lovely food for vegetarians and meat eaters”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

After 4 days in Madrid, I found this place which actively advertises "vegetarian dishes" in their menu. I was so happy to finally find some food I could eat which was not potato-based or bread and olives!!

The food was delicious and the waiters were really nice. We were a bit early, 7:30 pm, as we were with a child. They were not ready to start serving evening dinners yet, but they let us sit down and have a few olives while they finished getting the kitchen ready. The food was delicious, so it was worth the short wait.

• Visited October 2012
Madrid, Spain
“Utterly Charming”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I've often walked past and fancied going in. Well we did today and loved it. The interior is quite basic but charming, & the staff lovely. We ate pizzas, salad and my son had a tasty spinach & cheese pie. I would totally recommend it, lovely atmosphere full of local people. Xx

USA
“Terribly disappointed”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

After reading so much about this place, we wanted to try it and so walked up there. They are supposed to open at 8:30pm (!) for dinner, so we went at 8:35. It was not yet open! There was a lady who was inside but wouldnt acknowlege us standing in front of the glass door. We waited and waited and finally at 9:00pm she opened the door and there was no sorry, no hello, no smile .. nothing. We ordered eggplant with mozzarella and tomato, which was fine (nothing exceptional) and a spaghetti arrabiata - we asked for extra spicy - and it came bland. There was NO SPICE whatsoever and when we asked for chili pepper flakes, they didnt have any; nor did they have tabasco or any spicy sauce. The other dish was speghetti with pesto .. it was a plate full of al-dente pasta with a tablespoon of pesto on top .. not mixed in .. and it was cold. Your experience might vary, but we wont be visiting this place again.

• Visited August 2012