Nuria Hotel
Only YOU Hotels
$222
$215
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 7, 2008

If this is a place that you need for just one night, it might be suitable, but I would not stay here for longer or ever again.

The staff is not pleasant. They hardly smiled or greeted you. The next morning we went to get some breakfast and came back with our room cleaned and all our items gone. They thought we were checking out when we didn't tell them we were leaving. I had a table full of snacks and noticed that some of our items were placed outside the room with a few of my items missing. I asked them where my items were and they didn't know or couldn't tell me in English. A few minutes later after taking our things back into the room, my missing items appeared outside our room in a ziplock bag. I don't know why they did that.

It was super loud at this location. Our room was right on the street and we could not sleep. The people who live in that location love to party. Broken glass could be heard, early in the morning, and people non-stop talked.

The showers were incredibly small and leaked because the drains didn't work right. We had to soak up all the water that overflowed from the shower with the towels we were using to dry ourselves with.

Overall, I would not stay here again or recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 14, 2008

My roommate and I stayed there for one night. That was the first time I had ever been to Europe and the staff was very friendly and helpful to us. The area in which it's located is a little seedy, but it wasn't too bad. The rooms are small and the shower was odd, but it wasn't bad for the price (we paid $20/each).

• Stayed: May 2004, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2008

I'm disappointed with Hostal Nuria for a whole host of reasons, but my main complaint is the appalling customer service we received. I could perhaps have coped with the small room, grubby toilets, lack of running water for a whole day and the noisy drunken groups of schoolchildren who descended on the place every weekend, if the staff had at least been slightly apologetic, but they were at best indifferent and at worst outright rude. I wasn't even offered an apology when they overcharged my credit card, and acted as if they were doing ME a favour taking my money off me. I will not be staying there again.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed July 1, 2007

I reserved the room via the hotel's own website. And then I need to cancel it. I called the hotel, and the staff told me to process hte cancellation online. But the hotel's website has no such section. so I called again, then she told me she just did it for me. I received not confirmation for this cancellation and I don't want to go to dispute process in case that it does not go thru and my credit card is charged.

A few days after, I called again. The staff was rude to me. She asked for reservation number which I did not get (I had the email, the printout of the receipt in front of me), so she implied as if I could not be done!! The half screamed at me with a very condescending tone. BTW, my Spanish is not good and she could not speak English. While I tried to get her to explain to me more, she hung up the phone!!

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank Ptbcn
Reviewed March 11, 2007

This was by far the cheapest place I found for a single room with shared bathroom in such a central location. I should specify that it is shared toilet, because the room did actually have a bathtub and a sink.
The room was pretty sad-looking but the biggest problem I encountered was the noise, due to the fact that the hotel is right on Fuencarral and the windows don't close properly...
The rooms on the inside might be quieter.
Also, there is only one toilet per floor and in my case it was quite a walk from the room... which can be rather inconvenient.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo