2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$107
Priceline$96
Trip.com$108
1,362 results
All reviews metro station nice hotel taxi stand recommend this hotel minute walk hop on hop stayed for nights air con comfortable bed within walking distance easy access by foot visiting madrid cafes latina corridor kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2019

I recently spent a week here and found the hotel to be comfortable and the staff excellent.

As a solo traveler, I ended up in a tiny tiny room, but you don't go to Madrid to stay in your hotel room. The room was comfortable to sleep in and the included internet allowed me to plan out my adventures.

As I arrived early, I wasn't able to check in right away and there were facilities for safe and secure storage of my baggage. Staff was also unsurprised and helpful when I couldn't figure out how to turn on the lights in the room. It seems that my room key needed to be put in to a device just inside the room to turn on the power. Clever, but unexpected. I've not encountered that before.

The front desk staff was also helpful in working with my tour provider passing on vouchers and advising me of any messages. As a non-Spanish speaker I was pleased that there was always someone there who was fluent in English.

The bed was comfortable and even though I had an inner room it faced on to a central courtyard and there was good natural light. I did find the small shower stall floor a bit slippery but it was small so there was no real danger of injury.

If you don't want to use the hotel lounge there are cafes close by. The included breakfast in the lower floor was quite varied and allowed me to easily fuel up for a day of exploring.

There is a subway stop just a block away so if you aren't up to walking the hilly streets of Madrid to get to where you want, you can easily get everywhere by transit.

From my base here, I was able to go visit the Prado and Royal Palace, both within an hour's walk for me - but I'm an active pedestrian. I enjoyed just also wandering around the various neighbourhoods.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Andrew B
Madrid H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Puerta de Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2019

Many thanks for your good and detailed assessment, we are pleased you highlight the personalized attention received we have special care fulfilling the requirements of our clients. We hope you visit us again on your next trip to Madrid. Best regards. Mercedes - Customer Service.

Reviewed September 17, 2019

This hotel is in a great location and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Our night in Hotel Puerta de Toledo was an additional night that we added to our holiday at the last minute so after staying here, we had to move on to another popular chain of hotels nearby but I now wish I had booked Hotel Puerta de Toledo for the entire trip. Even though the room was smaller, the location was better, the hotel itself was much more modern, better wifi and it was quieter in the rooms. I'd stay here again on my next trip to Madrid.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emma B
Madrid H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Puerta de Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2019

Many thanks for your excellent comments, we are pretty glad you enjoyed your stay with us and consider our services and facilities of the best quality. We will be pleased to receive you in the future. Best regards. Mercedes - Customer Service.

Reviewed August 9, 2019

The Hotel Puerta de Toledo is situated at the edge of the busy and potentially noisy areas of Madrid but is only a twenty minute walk to the exciting and vibrant Plaza de Mayor which is as close to the centre of Madrid as you can get.
The hotel itself is listed as a three star but in my opinion it is closer to at least a three and a half star.From the moment you walk into the hotel you notice a lively but ordered atmosphere in clean and modern surroundings, reception and check in are well organised and the rooms are extremely well furnished and very clean, plus our room was larger than I normally expect from a three star hotel.
If you do not want to walk to your chosen sights in Madrid then about two hundred meters from the hotel is a metro station which not only allows easy, quick and cheap transport around Madrid but also can take you to and from Madrid airport.In addition to walking and the metro there is also an excellent public bus network with stops within fifty meters of the hotel. I would recommend buying a Madrid transport card which can be used on most methods of public transport and you choose what value to put onto the card and you can add additional monies as and when required, this card makes travelling much easier and I believe that it also works out cheaper.
After the first busy and exhausting day sightseeing we returned to the hotel and had a great nights sleep in a very comfortable bed and a silent room, the double glazing was excellent along with the lack of noise from other rooms and corridors. After rising and showering we made our way down to the breakfast area to be greeted with the biggest selection of differing and tasty foods that I have ever been presented with for breakfast. Allow yourself to enjoy as many dishes as possible, self service, before setting out again to see the sights of Madrid. We allowed ourselves a five night break to take in Madrid but will need to return as there is so much to see, when we do return we intend to stay at the Hotel Puerta de Toledo again,

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank MichaelH551673
Madrid H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Puerta de Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

We’re more than glad to see that you had an outstanding stay at our hotel! We take guest reviews very seriously since they always help us improve the quality of our services. It’s true that we have one of the best locations in the city as well as public transportation. See you on your next trip to Madrid! Best regards. Christian – Guest relations

Reviewed July 25, 2019

Really clean hotel, quiet and with really delicious breakfast. It is not far from city centre but also far away from the noise. I would definitely return to the specific hotel if i will visit Madrid again.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank ValiN34
Madrid H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Puerta de Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2019

Many thanks for your great comments, we are quite pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you consider our hotel for your future visits to Madrid. Best regards. Mercedes - Customer Service.

Reviewed July 15, 2019

We stayed for only one night and found the hotel to be fine overall. It was definitely convenient and perfect for catching an early morning taxi to the airport, with a taxi stand right out front.

Our only complaint (and this is a big one), is that there is construction going on at the west side of the hotel and our window was right next to a temporary disposal chute for bricks, glass, etc. The noise was incredible. When I asked about it at the front desk, I was told not to worry, that the work crew quit at 5 pm every day. 5 pm! We had come off a very early train trip and needed to rest during the day. I was annoyed that we weren't offered another room or some sort of compensation, if only a free coffee at the cafe...

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Madrid H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Puerta de Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2019

Many thanks for your comments and for your good score despite the inconveniences you mention. We were making some punctual labors of renovation in the roof of the hotel building. Some tiles were removed and the noise was produced only in the middle hours of the day of your stay. If our staff did not offer the possibility of a room change we are sure that it was either because we did not have availability or because, as the labors were scheduled for a few hours, we wrongly consider, surely because we were unaware that you needed to rest during the day after a long trip in train, that it was not necessary. So we would like to apologize for all the inconvenience. Best regards. Mercedes - Customer Service.