“Ideally suituated”
Review of Suite Prado Hotel

Suite Prado Hotel
Ranked #39 of 428 Specialty Lodging in Madrid
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Although a bit difficult to find, as it's on a street closed to traffic, this hotel was ideally situated to walk to the major attractions in Madrid. The room was large, comfortable, with a large bathroom and included wifi. I was lucky to get a great rate on my first trip but unable to book again as price went up considerably. Would recommend and stay there again for the right price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Located in a great area within easy walking distance of Plaza Santa Ana and Plaza Mayor. Arrived to find we were given a smallish room with views of air conditioning units but upgraded to second floor suite with double balcony within minutes - staff were all pleasant and happy to help with any questions we had. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My mother and I have just returned from a three night stay in Madrid and what can we say...what a wonderful trip!! Being two women on our own we were slightly nervous about our trip however we had nothing to worry about. We got the airport bus to the Plaza de Cibilis which was only a five minute walk from the hotel. We followed the hints provided on this website and found the hotel easily. We stayed in room 401 and it was wonderful, really big and the air con was great - a dad noisy on Saturday night but it was only people having fun and not enough to disturb our sleep. We loved the little kitchen which was handy for breakfast. No complaints what so ever about the hotel. The location is very central and we didnt have to use public transport once - we also felt extremely safe walking around at night. The little tapas bar "Viva Madrid" on the same street as the hotel was a great stop for lunch and we would recommend a lunchtime sangria on Plaza Santa Ana.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank JimBobCam
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have been traveling to Spain for over 40 years and staying at this small hotel was a great experience.
My daughter and I stayed for a week at the hotel. We felt welcomed and secured.
Check-in only took about 4 minutes. We stayed at room 203. It was big, very clean and comfy. The AC worked perfectly. The room had a big bathroom with a tub, towels were soft and big; there was a seating area and a big bed in a separate room. The well equipped small kitchenette, safe, big closet and two small balconies were very helpful.
Even though smoking was allowed in our room, there was no cigarette smell at all.
The hotel is located very close to Plaza de Santa Ana, Plaza del Angel and Calle Huertas and, within walking distance to Puerta del Sol and Gran Via.
The hotel has free wi-fi and at the lobby there is a coffee machine.
I disagree with some of the reviews that affirm that it gets noisy at night. The balcony doors had 4 inches soundproof glass and thick wood shutters. We slept well and did not feel the noise at all.
The staff was friendly and helpful regarding our wake-up calls, taxies and directions.
I will recommend Suite Prado to all my friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed on the penthouse on the fourth floor for 4 nights. The room was big and comfy. There was a seating area with sofas, a well-equipped small kitchen and a working table. The size of the washrooms varies. On the first night I stayed in room 402, it was huge, but it was much smaller in 403. It was basically quiet. I didn't find it noisy at all during my stay maybe because I was on the fourth floor.

All the sights are within walking distance. Remember to go to Museo del Prado from 1800 to 2000 (every day) and save yourself 12 euros each for the admission. There were lots of people going there during the free admission hours but still I still managed to get in within 10 minutes.

Lunch at Plaza del Mayor is just around 10-15 euros per person. And it is just a 15-minute walk from the hotel. The suckling pig dish in Botin Restaurant near the Plaza del Mayor is excellent. It is crunchy on the outside and juicy inside. It costs about 22 euros per portion (around 1/4 of the pig - good for 1 person but they can cut it into two pieces if you share). The sangria there is also great and tastes unique but is quite strong. Remember to make a reservation before you go because it is always full. Reservation can be made online through their website.

I enjoyed Madrid so much because of my stay in Hotel Suite Prado.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank miraclen
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Location of the hotel is perfect – you can walk to main attractions – Royal palace, Prado museum. Atocha Railway station is about 30 minutes walk from the hotel. Rooms are big and comfortable. Small kitchenette is helpful.
The hotel is located on a small street, but it gets way too noisy at night. People were walking and partying all the nights long so it was hard to sleep. Our suite was on a first floor and I a m not sure if they have quieter ones.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were at the Suite Prado for a week. The room was very comfortable, more like an apartment. The staff were friendly and helpful. It's location, near the centre of old Madrid, along with very reasonable rates made it perfect for us.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family