I stayed there for 5 nights in May 2012, on my own, on a works trip, its mainly all spanish tourists no other british and no decent food, the breakfast bar is so small you get more then 8 people in it and you cant move, there was such a que for breakfast on the monday that i did not have any the rest of the week and the staff where rude.
My room was ok, TV did not work and the decor is something from your granny's living room.
when the people in the next room turn on the water for a shower/wash the pipes make a right noise and when you turn off the water it sounds terrible which is not good if you need to sleep.
Personnally I would not stay there again, but if you are british and going to madrid ( not impressed with Madrid, Barcelona is much better and has a beach as well, and is set up for british tourists, unlike madrid, I did not find another british person in madrid) if your just going for a lads/girls holiday the hotel would be ok just for sleeping, but its not a place I would want to relax in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you would like to stay in the heart of Madrid, close to all the points of interest in the city and you are looking for space, comfort, independence and all the facilities of an apartment without giving up on hotel services, choose Gran Via Apartments. Space, comfort and well-being for a unique stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Espahotel Gran Via reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Gran Via 65 Hotel Madrid
- Aparthotel Gran Via 65 Madrid