“All we got was the barrata... Amazing!!!!”

la Taperia del Prado
Ranked #2,229 of 11,196 Restaurants in Madrid
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huertas
Description: La Taperia ,located in the heart of the Madrid Art District, offer nice breakfasts,menus ,drinks and a selection of new spanish tapas.You can taste them in the main and luminous bar room,in the restaurant downstairs or in the wonderful terrace just in front of Prado Museum.
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Not sure why all the negative reviews, we had a great lunch experience. Sitting outside, sipping sangreiah, enjoying the sights of people and the Prado activity. The Barrata cheese with sundried tomatoes and olive oil was SO GOOD with the bread.. S good. Only negative was a few homeless coming up asking for money but that is unavoidable in Spain.

There are newer reviews for la Taperia del Prado

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We came out of the Prado into pouring rain....ran into Taperia and are glad we did.
Tapas of seta on flatbread, jamon on delicious bread and pork with caramelized onions. Waiters were friendly and service great. 4 beers and 4 tapas (we ordered another tapa de setas it was that good) 29€. Delicious and reasonably priced.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I only wish I had had lap top with me and read the reviews, I sat out on the terrace only to told that I need to sit inside to have the Menu del Dia.
I can only say the reason being they did not want anyone to see what they called food, it was disgusting I think if I offered it to my cat he would sniff it and walk away.
The male staff were to busy making remarks to any young female walking by, I have to say the female member of staff was pleasant and attentive.
But the final straw was when I paid she short changed me of €5, I waited for the staff to stop talking and gave my bill back, no questions asked... €5 returned, and no tip left.
You have been warned

1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just stay away. There are 3 other restaurants in the same square. Just don't...

The entire garden salad was out of a canandthesangria was mostly sprite. The service was non existent and the value for money was terrible.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We just stopped in for a glass of wine to recover from museum fatigue. Agree with the reviews that the patio is lovely but the wine was pricey.