“DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT”

la Taperia del Prado
Ranked #2,012 of 11,460 Restaurants in Madrid
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huertas
Description: La Taperia ,located in the heart of the Madrid Art District, offer nice breakfasts,menus ,drinks and a selection of new spanish tapas.You can taste them in the main and luminous bar room,in the restaurant downstairs or in the wonderful terrace just in front of Prado Museum.
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I only wish I had had lap top with me and read the reviews, I sat out on the terrace only to told that I need to sit inside to have the Menu del Dia.
I can only say the reason being they did not want anyone to see what they called food, it was disgusting I think if I offered it to my cat he would sniff it and walk away.
The male staff were to busy making remarks to any young female walking by, I have to say the female member of staff was pleasant and attentive.
But the final straw was when I paid she short changed me of €5, I waited for the staff to stop talking and gave my bill back, no questions asked... €5 returned, and no tip left.
You have been warned

1  Thank Peter D

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just stay away. There are 3 other restaurants in the same square. Just don't...

The entire garden salad was out of a canandthesangria was mostly sprite. The service was non existent and the value for money was terrible.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We just stopped in for a glass of wine to recover from museum fatigue. Agree with the reviews that the patio is lovely but the wine was pricey.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We went one evening because they had a nice large patio. Service was lucklustre but that's how most places we found were in the area. We ordered 2 tapas, one was a chicken skewer and the other was a fish dish (hake, I believe). We also ordered 2 glass beers. The food was tastey, but very small, definitely not enough for dinner. We opted not to order more as the prices were very steep (but I guess its a tourist trap). Our order came out to about 38Euros. Wouldn't go back.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

The quality of Tapas were very good. It is a nice break prior or after visits to the Museums... The salads were also nicely prepared. The prices are slightly higher simply due to the fact of the locationof the venue... I would go there again, if I will be around....