“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Preciados

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Preciados
Ranked #18 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
ilkley
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with 2friends for 4 days around the Manchester United v Madrid game, wonderful base to explore the city , but what impressed us the most was the staff,
They were so warm and friendly and helpful, they even gave us a few rounds of free drinks, it might not sound a lot but most hotels will look for every angle to find a way to charge you, these guys didn't. We met some great people in the bar , restaurant and all in all I would recommend this hotel to everyone,
If you want a spa, and a pool, etc this wont be for you, but as a base to enjoy Madrid from its excellent

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank harveyspicer
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Preciados, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear guest

Thanks for taking time to post your review of our hotel,we are glad your stay with us was comfortable and that you have been satisfied about our location.I will share your comments with the restaurant staff.

We hope to see you soon.The next Champion League

Best regards

Javier Calle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I chose the Preciados hotel because it was ranked #2 in Madrid by Tripadvisor and it was my first time in the city and I did not know the hotels there. I had booked a room with a balcony but instead was given one of the newer rooms, with a beautiful bathroom and upgraded features, but facing an inner 'courtyard' which had no view at all. I am a bit claustrophobic so this didn't work at all. I asked for the room with a balcony that I had booked and was given another room,with one, but facing a side street, with an ok view. I was advised that this was an upgraded room, but it was very small and the bathroom was quite old. I decided to try again and was given a 3rd room at the front of the hotel, facing Preciados street with 2 very small balconies that one couldn't really use but at least the doors opened and let in some air. The bathroom was very nice. This was completely acceptable and I was very happy. The female desk clerk really went out of her way to make me happy. I had also mentioned the Tripadvisor coupon for a free bottle of wine and was presented with a small bottle of champagne, which was great. After a bit of a bumpy beginning, the rest of my stay there was fantastic. The staff were very friendly and most accommodating, there was of course a free mini bar with quite a few different types of drinks, the room was a good size, I loved the 2 small balconies and the bathroom was perfect. In fact, it was one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in. As for the rest of the hotel, there was no gym which I would have loved but the restaurant looked very nice (I didn't use it), the elevators worked well, and the hotel was in a very good condition generally. I ordered room service once and dinner arrived within 15 minutes - a record for me I think. I would highly recommend this hotel and when I do come back to Madrid, I will definitely be staying there again. Preciados Hotel, you are one of the few hotels that I have found on Tripadvisor that lived up to your reputation!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank CliffTO
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Preciados, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for choosing Hotel Preciados and for sharing with other travellers your kind opinion about our facilities and services.
I hope we get to see you again in the near future. Thank you again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've been to this hotel some weeks ago, and I could never be more satisfied with my choice. I was in Madrid for a weekend, so I wanted a good hotel well located, near of the main places.

This hotel offers you an excellent choice if you want to visit places like Puerta del sol, Gran Via, it is five minutes from the Mercado de San Miguel, and also, the nearest Metro stop is Opera. It is near of good restaurants, and the breakfast is amazing: typical spanish food, and other types of course; and also, apart from that, I would like to recommend the staff of the hotel: they are all attentive to you if you need something, and knowledgeable with informations.

I recommend this hotel if you want a good experience in traveling around Madrid, for tourism or business: absolutely modern, a brand-new hotel, and the rooms, lobby, and especially the restaurant are wonderfully designed!

I will definitely stay here again when I return to Madrid!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Malbuquerque21
Dear guest

We would like to thank you very much for your wonderful comments but also for your useful remarks.All your wonderful comments regarding the hotel, location, room, breakfast and staff. Your words are the best compliments for us and I am really proud of them.
It has been a great pleasure to have you staying at Hotel Preciados and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you want to be near the subway, in a nice shopping area, lots of choice of places to eat, this is the place for you. The rooms are nice. They have an excellent helpful staff, the mini-bar is free, plus you can walk to so many places.

Room Tip: The hotel will e-mail you directions for taking the subway from the airport. You catch the subway r...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank miracles1
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Preciados, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear guest

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the location to be easy access for exploring Madrid.
Thank you also for the nice comments about the minibar free and the room and for your mention about the hotel staff.
It is our pleasure to have served you. We look forward to your next visit.

Hope to see you soon.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband chose this hotel online because it had quite good reviews but I wasn't very impressed. It was nice and clean, don't get me wrong, but not exactly a romantic hotel for our little break. Other than that, I would recommend it, just don't go here on your honeymoon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Claire G
Dear guest

We'd like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and for spending some of your time in writing your comment.
We are very sorry that your first visit at our hotel was not really positive and you didn't like the room we assigned. We have many different types of rooms and the size depends of the room booked in your reservation. Our hotel also offers Premium , Superior or Junior Suite rooms bigger than the Standard rooms and better for these special days.

we do hope you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you again on some future occasion.

Faithfully yours,

Witney, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights on business in Feb 2013 with 2 colleagues. On the whole the hotel is a good one, The room was clean, the complimentary mini bar is a nice touch. Because of it's location it could have the potential for noise in the summer when people are out later and there are more tourists about. It does have double doors out to the balcony which block out a lot of the noise and a shutter can roll down.

The location is excellent, 5 minutes walk from the Palace and Cathedral, two minutes from the Opera House, five minutes from the Mercado de San Miguel. Nearest Metro stop is Opera.

The Good - Clean Room, Good Location, decent value for money.

The Bad - Oscar (deputy manager) needs to work on his people skills. On one night there was a lot of noise early in the morning due to workers clearing out a shop, When I spoke to Oscar about the noise, to see if there was anything he could do, he point blank refused to acknowledge that there had been any noise. This was a little infuriating given there were 2 skips outside. But I wouldn't let that put you off, on the whole the experience with the staff was a good one.

Because of the experience with Oscar Hotel Preciados gets a average rather than a very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank the_bear_1973
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Preciados, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay at Hotel Preciados and thank you also for your comments about the clean room and location.I apologize for the exterior noise but even our windows try to block all exterior sounds with a modern and adjustable system of soundproof, sometimes is very difficult do not have any exterior noise.I'm sorry the proble with Oscar but he is nicest peson you can find.
Thank you very much again for your time.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was a pleasant surprise for the price. Very cool rooms (with LED mood lighting built into the ceiline in four colours) and very modern, with nice beds and a GREAT bathroom. The location was also fantastic, being right in the heart of Madrid and within 15 minutes walk from a ton of things. Can't go wrong if you get a good price on it - which we did. The service was also good, though a bit slow at the front desk. But very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrFurious96
Dear guest

Thank you for your nice review. I am very happy to hear you had an excellent stay with us and pleased your enjoyed your stay with us and found the location, room, services in room and bathroom to be of a high and modern standard.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back.

Best regards