“1st Class” 5 of 5 bubbles

“1st Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I loved this place.

What we booked we got.

Our room was spotless, bed fabulous, and our bathroom amazing.

The staff were very nice, but we had very little interaction with them as we found it perfect.

I pre booked wine for our room and received chocolates too.

Thank you!

I love it when you can get up without setting an alarm and still get breakfast!!!

The breakfast room was well laid out with really nice staff and the selection of food offered was 1st class.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Preciados, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your opinion and we appreciate knowing that you have enjoyed in Madrid and our Hotel.

Every day the Hotel staff tried to improve to keep customers satisfied and we get to come again.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed in the hotel Preciados for 3 weeks while relocating to Madrid. We're a family of four with two children ages 7 and 5. This we one of the few hotels I found that could accommodate all of us in one room.
The junior suite has a living room and separate master bedroom. The bathroom was spacious and modern. The housekeeping staff kept the room very clean. The staff has the couch converted into a bed which is where our children slept. It was big enough to fit them both, but there was also enough room on the floor where we could probably have requested an extra cot if needed (I'm guessing they would have one).
We ate at the breakfast buffet every day-- for 21 days!, and never got sick of it. The fresh fruit, fresh squeezed orange juice, and the wide variety of foods were great. The staff were always friendly.
Great location near grand via and close to two metro lines. Room was very quiet.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Erin S
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Preciados, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are very happy that your stay was a positive experience and that you enjoyed your time with us. We are very glad to hear such a nice words about the location, comfortable Junior Suite, special buffet breakfast and our incredible Team.

We hope you do very well in this new “life” in Madrid and you enjoy your work and your Family.

Do not hesitate to contact us, should you need anything.

Thanks again.

Best regards.
Fleming Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

The rooms would be considered "cozy" but for a friend & I who had quite a bit of luggage (thanks to a lot of shopping), it was still quite comfy. The bedding was very comfortable and the bathroom was well-appointed and quite spacious by European standards. The staff was also very attentive and helpful. What I liked most about this hotel is it's location. It was within walking distance to at least 3 metro stations so we were able to get to Ventas (for the bullfight) and a day trip to Toledo without any problems. Puerta del Sol was only a 5-10 minute walk away and if shopping is in your plans, El Corte Ingles was at the other end of the road. The Palacio Real was a 30 minute stroll away. Breakfast served at the hotel was excellent. We also had the chance to have dinner at their restaurant and that was excellent too. The road in front of the hotel was open only to pedestrian traffic and in the evening you have at least 30 options where to have dinner within a 5 minute walk. I consider this hotel an excellent choice and a good value. I will not hesitate to stay here again the next time I am in Madrid.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank ninayging
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Preciados, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We welcome your comments to the Hotel Preciados about comfortable rooms, helpful Staff and our Restaurant Café Varela.

Certainly we are located in the heart of Madrid, surrounded by good Restaurants, the Museums of the city, as Prado and the most emblematic monuments such as the Royal Palace, Almudena Cathedral and Plaza Mayor. Our Staff will always help you to find what you need.

We are happy to welcome you back at the Hotel.

Thanks and regards.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for 2 nights on a quick Madrid trip. I was in Lisbon for work and popped over to Spain as I'd never been there before..

The Hotel is very good. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I stayed in the Superior room which is a loft style with a small balcony - fantastic room and very modern facilities in the bathroom. A real class act. The room also has a free mini bar and wifi - 24 hrs a day.

The staff are excellent - they really do go out of their way. The restaurant staff helped me map it a day of city walking whilst i was having a meal on the Friday night. Then the next day when i returned they gave me a free coffee and asked how i went. They took an interest which may me feel good (as i was travelling alone). Even gave me free entry tickets to some of the night clubs and bars close by.

The location is exactly where you want to be. I walked around Madrid for about 3-4 hours. Puerto De Sol is a great location in Madrid. Close to Gran Via Walk and there are some great (and massive) walk ways just a few blocks from the Hotel - Calle De Arenal which takes you to Plaza Mayor (a massive open court yard with restaurants and performers). Along Calle De Arenal you will see lots of street performers and it takes you down to the Opera area and then to Plaza De Oriente whoch is a beautiful area with massive gardens and statues (though Parque del Buen Retiro is even much greater in scale in terms of Gardens).

I'd have to say the service is one of the better ones I've experienced, even on check out i was told to sit down and they arranged a taxi and took my bags. All the little things that make you feel looked after when staying at a hotel.

Plenty of taxi's etc.. to help you get around.

I will be back and highly recommend Hotel Preciados, they really did make my trip. Madrid, even though only 2 nights, was just amazing and a highlight so far in my travels.

i was there January 11 - 13, 2013. I looked at many hotels (Urban, Hotel Atlantico, Hotel Liabeny, Intur Palacio San Martin) and i'm so glad i chose this one. I walked past some of the others i considered and they were not as nice looking - at least from the street.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tumiblue
Dear Guest,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your time written this review in Tripadvisor, about your experience with us. It is a pleasure to know that you had a warm stay in Preciados Hotel.

We would like to be again your Hotel chosen in your next visit to Madrid.

Kind regards.
Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights this week while I was on a business trip. Lovely clean modern rooms and friendly staff. Great location for shopping and sightseeing. Hotel has a lovely restaurant with a varied menu didn't eat there but if I'd been on the city longer I would have definitely tried it. Would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank mascin
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Preciados, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your time to give an opinion on the Hotel.

Highlights our fantastic location, it is true that we have right next to the metro stations of Santo Domingo and Callao, as well as many bus lines. Thanks for the comments about the friendliness of the Staff and the comfort and modern trend of our Rooms.

We hope to welcome you soon.

Thank you very much and best regards.
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We spent three nights here from 24th to 27th January on a bed and breakfast basis. The rooms aren't huge, but perfectly apportioned with large wardrobe, desk, drawers, free mini bar and comfortable beds. We had a standard double room on the first floor, which was well sound-proofed from the hustle and bustle of the city by the two double glazed doors and integral shutters. Mind you I don't think anything could have kept out the noise of the glass recycling bins under our window being emptied, luckily this seems to occur after 9am, so no hardship!

The breakfast buffet was excellent, all manner of cold meats, cheeses, fresh juices and fruit, cereals, different types of bread, yoghurts, pastries and cakes, smoked salmon, bacon, eggs and much more!

My partner doesn't like to eat late at the best of times, and as he was suffering with a very heavy cold, we chose to eat in the hotel each night. The hotel's restaurant, Cafe Varela, seems quite popular with tourist and locals alike, and we weren't disappointed with the standard of food or wine.

The hotel's location is perfect too, only a few minutes walk to Gran Via in one direction and Puerta del Sol in the other. Very handy for the tourist bus which you can pick up on Gran Via, and is highly recommended, especially if you have a long last day in Madrid. The nearest Metro station is only a couple of minutes walk away. If you're arriving by taxi from the airport it costs around €40 to get to Plaza Santo Domingo, and you'll find the hotel on the far left hand corner. Alternatively the airport shuttle bus is €5 each. The nearest stop is Plaza Cibeles and it's about a 20 minute hike straight up Gran Via to the hotel.

All the staff are very pleasant and helpful, and made our stay most enjoyable. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Marshipops
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Preciados, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your specially comments about our special and full breakfast.

We welcome your comments about our central location, tranquillity and comfort of our rooms, quality Restaurant, Café Varela and our Staff.

All this encourages us to continue improving.

Thanks and regards.

See you the next time in Madrid.
Windsor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at the Preciados in September 2012 having booked directly using their website with a considerable saving on other prices.

The hotel is in a central location in Madrid… we took a cab from the airport to save any problems in locating it in a new city. It was about 25 mins from the airport but the cab driver knew it immediately and took us through some excellent (I assume) short cuts including one long tunnel that seemed to go under the centre of Madrid, cutting out the afternoon traffic.

It is located on the Calle Preciados close to the Gran Via (for transit links) and the Plaza del Callao (metro stop and large square with shops, restaurants and an impressive cinema). The Calle Preciados is a mix of shops and restaurants and has the usual style of Spanish sun shades adorning it, keeping the atmosphere very pleasant.

On arrival, the staff found our booking without a problem and knew all of the aspects of the booking (including the pre-booking of tickets for the standard open top bus tour - a facility available on their website). We were also informed that, thanks to a change in the tax rates announced that week, the cost of tickets had risen by €1. Obviously, not a problem but the knowledge and efficiency of the staff is to be commended. Their command of English was similarly excellent (which is fortunate given my singular lack of Spanish) and we were also informed that we had been upgraded to a superior room without any additional charge. I think this reflects more on the state of the Spanish economy than how much they liked us… the Preciados is clearly both a holiday and business hotel and the weak economy is clearly affecting the business bookings.

Our luggage was taken to the room and we were shown the room by a member of staff. It wasn't the biggest room I've ever stayed in but for our purposes of seeing the city and having a comfortable bed and excellent facilities, it was exactly as required. We had a small balcony with a table and two chairs but the wall for the balcony was so high that there wasn't a view. Again, I don't have an issue with this as the view would have been of the buildings across the street and it was good to be able to sit outside in the September sun.

The room facilities were fine and included free WiFi so our iOS device needs were well catered for. It wasn't difficult to connect to the WiFi unlike some hotels I've stayed in… the connection was fast enough for our requirements on holiday and was stable… The bathroom was very clean and well stocked with a fine range of towels… other reviewers have commented on how large the towels are and either they've been changed to smaller ones or I'm much bigger than other people! The shower and bath were of a good size and plenty of hot water… no waiting for the water to warm up.

The hotel also has its own restaurant which we ate in a couple of times. Again, the staff were superb and able to explain the menu clearly. They were also amazingly gracious. I was recommended a fish dish which unfortunately came covered in shellfish (a major allergy) and when I explained this, they couldn't do enough to rectify it. The service all round was superb and was topped off with a free bottle of ice cold oruja de hierbes… a potent drink made from the residue of wine making and not unlike grappa but with much more flavour and less burn…

We spent three nights in the Preciados and it was a fantastic base for visiting Madrid. Its location is ideal for walking in and around the city and also great for the nightlife (well, eating out and relaxing in the Plaza Mayor… that's what I call nightlife). The staff are excellent and some of the most helpful I've ever known in a hotel. I'd recommend the hotel for anyone who wants to stay in the heart of Madrid, at reasonable prices and within easy walking distance of the centre and its attractions.

Room Tip: Would recommend booking through the hotel's own website; it was more cost-effective than ten oth...